Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Clickety Clack

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just had a two level fusion on 11.21 and today when I got out of the bed my back made a clicking noise and sound. It does not hurt but it is totally strange. My sister could hear it! It sounds like a stick on a picket fence or something. It happens when I bend to rise from sitting and such. Anybody else have this before and wth is it?

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• I don't know what it could be. But if it continues, I would call the surgeon and ask.

Hope your recovery is going well. I'm having the same procedure in January.
  • Hi Stephanie, I had occassional popping, just one pop at a time, like a chiropractor type pop. I remember someone posting that they had noises they and others could hear and it was loose hardware. I would call up your doc and be especially careful no BLT. >:D< Cali-Sue
  • I would call your doctor, to be on the safe side... BUT... I think generally most surgeons do x-rays right after surgery to make sure everything is in place, so it would probably be faulty hardware if it is loose or having issues... Nothing you did, not this soon.

Maybe you're just gonna clickety clack forever :) Tee hee. Like the tin man!!! No I'm jk. Lol. Let us know after you talk to your doctor. Hope you're feeling better. I've been thinking about you a lot.. Especially on Thanksgiving. Hope yours was alright despite the position you're in right now!!!

<3 Mucho amor
  • I hear/feel occasional clicks - but I don't think anyone else could hear them. Check with your surgeon and be sure you are not bending, twisting, or lifting.

• I love you too!!! :) Steve and I spent Thanksgiving alone at the house. Me on the couch. The kitties were happy that I was sloppy with the turkey. :) Steve's mom prepared us an entire thanksgiving feast and packed it up in a warmer box. We were blown away! I couldn't eat too much. I missed my daughter Kyla too, but my Mom did take her over to my grandparents so she could see the rest of the family. Doesn't happen alot since her Dad and I got divorced. Sharing and compromise suck! But, it is good for her. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I called the NS and the nurse said that if it doesn't hurt don't worry about it. She says that it is most likely soft tissue versus instrumentation. She also says that many patients report this after this type of surgery and some of them for years afterwards. It is a pretty noticable click. Oh well, it'll give the grandkids something to talk about (if still there when I have em) :)

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement