Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh My God

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Almost 6 weeks. I almost made it 6 whole weeks with no pain at all. I woke up about 1 hour ago in so much pain. Sharp piercing pain right between the shoulder blades. I hope I just slept wrong but what are the chances. I go to the dr for my 6 week checkup on Thursday. I was really hoping to go back to work. Now, I'm just hoping I didn't really mess something up. :S
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you're okay too. Do you wear a collar or brace? Keep it on just in case you turn bend or lift. Honestly I think 6 weeks out of work is not enough. IMO. Take care Sarah and hope all is well. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I wear a collar....but it's up to me when or how long to wear it. I fell asleep without it. First thing I did was to put it back on.
  • My NS said it was ok for me to sleep in my soft collar so I tried that and when I woke up the next day my neck was killing me. I though "What the heck did I do with my head in the middle of the night?" So I've made the choice to sleep in my hard collar so I won't move my head too much. :W
  • I am not a Dr., but your work was done pretty high in your neck. You are hurting in the wrong area. You probably slept wrong.

Linda MI
  • From my experience, after surgery had much pain in shoulders, neck, and even top area of spine, it not as bad now, but same days is, couldn't be spasms, but if it keeps up, best to ask doc
advertisement