Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't understand............

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Depression and Coping
I recently had two lamenectomies and two tissue grafts on my L5 and L4 discs. I am in so much pain, and my right leg and foot are so numb. I am 34, thin and can't figure out how i ended up having surgery 2 weeks ago for this. I do not know how to cope. I am a social worker and I can't figure this out. I have horses I cant do anything with. I can't drive, and I am in a walker. I am just sik of this and I don't understand.

Please help!

Thanks,
Renee
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Renee,
    Did you have two lamenectomies at the same time,two weeks ago?Did they go in from your lower back,or lower back and lower abdominal?Your message is a bit confusing,its probably just me as I am feeling rather hopeless as well.If it was only two weeks ago maybe you are not giving yourself enough time to heal.In 1/15/08 I had a tri/level fusion from my s1/up to my L3,the upper two levels have a solid fusion while my lower level,s1/0n L5 has only a small amount of fusion going on.I have cages as well as the BMP,and they went in from the front as well as the back.I am having severe lower back pain,just above the tailbone,pain in both l/r hips,SHOOTING pain down my legs,pain in toes,and now my normal walking gait has become totally different,I stumble alot,and have severe leg cramping as well.Things just seem to woresn anytime I try to be active.And I have four horses as well that I need daily help with.I am thinking its time for a 2nd opinion.Hope you get better soon,but I am still thinking that maybe you are still to soon after surgery to be pushing things.
  • :) hi and welcome to the the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have some questions for you? weren't you told what to expect by your doctor or other patients with the same surgery? did you do your homework? did you get more than one opinion? if you answered no to any or all of those we know how you got where you are,feeling overwhelmed and undercared for. you need to get some help in quick to do some of the many things you just cannot do for awhile. being a social worker you must be aware of some sources and services to help you. call on your family and friends. :-C i am sure they would love to support you. and remember you have support here. people willing to chat with you or vent anytime. so take hold of the reins and get moving. slowly of course!! =)) you are in recovery and need to stay there for awhile! call your surgeon tomorrow for appropriate pain meds. :-C tell him what you have is not holding your pain. take care! Jenny :)
  • Have you called your surgeon? I hope you're getting some pain meds to help you move around. Are you wearing your brace? Take care and hope you feel better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN