Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Just Joined

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Howdy! I'm lying here, awake at 4:25, with a laptop on a tv tray. I HURT. I've been hurting since 10/27 and no relief in sight. Chiropractor has me on bed rest, where I have been for over two weeks now. No improvement at all.

How do I stay sane while awaiting surgery?
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. stop by the "Sleep Problems" forum if you can't sleep. I) it makes a long night alot shorter. it is 2:30am here and i have my laptop on my bed tray too. <:P you don't say when you will be having surgery? and what kind? how about alittle more information about yourself? we want to get to know you! :? good luck with your pain treatments. =D> have a look around and make yourself at home. Jenny :)
  • Wow. I'm glad I'm not alone in this awkward typing position.

MRI revealed the typical L5 S1 protrusion. I have an appointment to see a surgeon in Houston on the fifth, but the 90 minute car trip is beyond my pain threshhold at the moment. When I called to ask if there was any way to pencil in surgery so the appointment and surgery could be handled by one car trip, I was quickly informed that the surgeon is booked for months in advance.

Tomorrow, I will hear from a local surgeon who should be able to get me in sooner. I can't afford months of further bedrest, and I'm sick to death of my bedroom already.

Chiropractor's help was to no avail. Bedrest hasn't helped in the least. Chiro says surgery the only way to fix the problem. I just have to find someone who can do it sooner than later.

As it is now, my students have had alternate instructors, but I'm still grading and such. I can't teach mini-session because I'll still be in bed. I was supposed to read the names at graduation, but..... I'm just sick of hurting and being useless and my husband being afraid to touch me, but my ysix year old has no fear of trampling all over me...

I guess I needed that rant. Thanks!
  • :) yes, i am with you all the way. it is alittle awkward on the computor but i just get cozy in my bed and push up all the pillows. =)) i am sure you have a method as well. i guess at six little ones have no fear. i can read of your desperation to get yourself to surgery. ~X( taking your time and finding the right doctor and all the answers to your questions is so important. you have come to the right place to do your homework. keep your chin up and keep moving forward. i am sure your students love you and wish you were with them as well. :X try and get a nap!! it is a little after 3 here and i would like one!! all the best!! Jenny :)
  • Hmmm....I have heard tell of this "nap" thing. It sounds just lovely. I hope you are able to have a nice one.
  • have you been able to get any pain meds while you are waiting? You might at least be able to get some sleep and it could make the trip to the surgeon a little more tolerable. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I posted in a different area about my difficulty with pain meds. Long story short - Doc will only give me Vicodine, and it doesn't work.
advertisement