Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 week post op

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Went to see my NS today, My hardware is looking good, fusion has not started yet. He pretty much told me I was totally disabled right now, and I could not go back to my Job, (chef, very physical) I can not risk hurting my neck any furter as their is not any more surgery that can be done to it.. I have all but 1 and 2 fused. It has made me sad to think that I have ended up this way.... I am waiting for long term disabiiity to be approved, but they are saying its pre-exhisting.. So I have not income since first of november until whenever I can work again if it is not approved... If any of you have any extra prayers I need a christmas miracle. I feel so bad for my husband, that he has had to go through all of this, I know he loves me, but it makes me sad... One good thing is that I can start taking my collar off a little bit each day and will start PT...Thanks to you for your support....
advertisement

Comments

• My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know that good things will come to you. It is when we think that there is no hope that situations seem to turn around. I am glad that you are able to take that brace off a bit more. I can imagine that they are not much fun! Just take care of you darling. The rest will fall in line, or fall away, I promise. Listen to that small voice inside and you won't go wrong. Hang in there. I will be praying for your husband as well.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Sorry to here that you are not fusing yet. I was thinking about you as I was baking last week, using that rolling pin was a killer. I only made one pie crust, then my 13 year old son took over.

I am praying for you that you get approved for LTD. The added financial stress doesnt help your physical recovery.

Take care and keep me posted,
    Shell
  • you have my prayers and my best wishes. Changing jobs is something I will probably have to face in the future as well.
  • Cyndi,

I can understand what you are going through... I was in a car accident 9/2. It was my third day at a new job, so I did not have LTD or STD in place. I have been out of work for 14 weeks with zero income (surgery on 10/30). My home is in foreclosure status and my three boys will not have a Christmas this year =((
    I see the MD on 12/10 and hope I hear some good news. Regardless on how I physically feel, I have to return to work ASAP or I will lose my home.
    I will say a prayer for all of us tonight. I)

Hugs to all,
    Elle
  • I will keep you in my prayers also.. Im so sorry for what you are going through, it just doesn't seem fair at all... Hopefully you will recieve a Christmas Miracle too...
advertisement