Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed Spinal Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Laminectomy in 1992
Posterior Spinal Fusion of L4/L5/S1 March 2005
Since surgery chronic pain & swelling of center of 10" scar from surgery. Sharp, hot, electric like pain in lumbar area, through groin, down right side, down leg to knee, tingling and numbness to feet, feeling of something crawling on skin, lower leg and feet. Immobilized for 1 month now due to unbearable pain. Neorologist told me to "do nothing" until next visit on January 2, 2009. Recent MRI on 11/20/08 technician stated I needed another MRI, ASAP, so I had another one on my stomach this time. When I asked him why, he said I possibly had Arachnoiditis. MRI on 11/24/08, results from different radiologist said negative for arachnoiditis and there was no need for a myelogram, but there was in fact a tear? Im in constant pain and the only relief I get is from a Percoset. I apparently have a failed fusion, and am looking for help! I called L.S.I. and Bonati Institute in Tampa, Florida, they claim thier procedures have immediate pain relief in over 90% of their patients, quality of Life improvements, better than 87%, sounds too good to be true. Any comments? My other option is Dr. Clay Daynham, PBISpine.com in Palm Beach, Florida. I am a 58 year old white male from New Jersey, I farm over 100 acres of blueberries and cannot run any of my equipment anymore or stand for any period of time. My pain started getting progressivly worse 2 years ago. HELP !!!
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear of your suffering. Please be careful of the places that you are speaking of. The success rates are exxagerated and it is very expensive. I had laser surgery last year but not in Florida and I did not second mortgage my house in order to do it. It did help with my sciatica but I still have tremendous pain in my facet joints. Remember, when something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    BTW- My surgery was also for an annular tare.
  • ~X( hello all i have had back surg x4 no;1. hern.disk right no;2. hern.disk left no;3 pinched nerve no;4. lumbar fusion
    2002 did good for 2years since then i have went to pain clinic each month have had several steriod injections ,have gained 40 lbs.taken pain meds daily. today i was put in a back brace because the screws have come loose due to my spine shifting .the brace is suppose to straighten my spine
    if any one has comment or ? please respond thanks
  • :jawdrop: you poor woman, aren't they going to correct the hardware? I don't know what to do myself, but I have to do something because I can't take this pain 24/7. I hope that remedies your situation,but it doesn't sound like a permenant solution.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to hear your surgery failed. that is alot for you to comprehend and absorb after your surgery. ~X( please stay strong and don't let this get you down. if you look you will find the doctor for you. take some deep breathes when the pain gets really bad! good luck! Jenny :)
  • Fused my lower back...everyone round here seems to know l1 or l5...? i dunno for sure what numbers were fused on mine...just my lower backs all i know...i have 6 screws total and rods ect. anyways need less to say my fusion was a failure! I have a couple of my screws breaking on me right now. I do not wear a back brace any longer...havent for over a year...i take vicadin every 4 hrs and am supposed to take morphine alot more than I do :$ but dont cause it makes me sick...I myself am only 28...nothings gotten much better...so sorry to say i have no advice to give..other than hang in there and do what your supposed to! I tried...but wasnt always able to...i have surgery "34 days" ,to remove what hardware they can? However goodluck to you >:D<
advertisement