Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I feel like I'm gonna cry

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I can't believe what I did. I am scheduled for a discogram on Wednesday, and I just realized that I forgot to stop taking my Mobic for 5 days ahead. I took them through last night, which would only be 2, maybe 2.5 days.

Tomorrow I will call my doctor, and hope since I've never had problems with bleeding, that she will go ahead with the procedure.

I am just so ready to have this test done. I don't want to wait, it was bad enough having to wait till now.
:''( :''( :''(
advertisement

Comments

• I'm not familiar with mobic or the warnings regarding it, but I hope you get good news when you call the doctor tomorrow. If they have to reschedule, hopefully it won't be too far out.

I can only imagine what you feel like. I'm having a major procedure Thursday. If something happened and it were postponed, it wouldn't be pretty here either.

( (HUGS) )

Cheri
  • Cathy:
    I'm a retired pain physician and have substantial understanding of what you face.

Mobic is an NSAID and blocks platelet function, thus impairing blood coagulation.

The diskogram is a procedure with very low risk of bleeding. Some interventional pain physicians are hypercautious about drugs that impede clotting.

I hope all goes well with you, and you get sedation with the procedure. It can be rather painful without the sedation. In fact, the physician uses complaints of pain during the procedure as a marker that the particular disk he is working on is causing at least part of your pain.

The diskogram is not intended to be therapeutic, and it isn't. It is purely diagnostic.

I wish you well.

Ken Noel
  • Yes, I'm hoping that since I haven't had any bleeding problems with ESI's or facet injections (though I had stopped taking Mobic before those procedures), that the doc will be all right with going ahead.

I really want to be able to move forward, and having the information from the discogram is key to that.
  • I did the same thing with ibuprofen before an LESI. I was a bad nurse and didn't tell anyone cause I wanted that shot so badly! Probably is a risk I shouldn't have taken, but it all came out okay. Good-luck, I hope they can proceed. Sue
  • I thought about not telling them, but I just couldn't do it. Chicken, I guess. I was too afraid, in case something were to happen, I didn't want it to be my fault.

I am waiting for a call back from the procedure coordinator. On the voice message I said that I wanted to go ahead with the discogram, and that I didn't have any bleeding problems. I don't know what is taking so long to call me back, maybe she is checking with the doctor.

Doesn't she know this is driving me crazy?
  • Phew, they called back and the doctor is fine with going ahead with the discogram. YAY!

Uh, okay. Now to avoid thinking about the pain.

I still don't know what time we have to be there. Our lab (my workplace) holiday party is tonight, so I will be distracted for most of the evening. I will keep calling the answering machine at home, to see what time. I hope it's really early.
  • It is very painful, but you will get through it >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement