Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so sad today

CRASH21CCRASH21 Posts: 139
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Depression and Coping
I can't wait until this year is over. It never seems to cease. I was injured in two separate auto accidents this past year (neither was my fault). My brother fought and lost his battle with cancer this year. In September, I had a 2 level ACDF. I am scheduled to have ALIF this month. Although I do not want any more surgeries, I am looking forward to starting a new year, hopefully pain free. I saw the end of the rainbow. That is, until today. Insurance denied my surgery. I can't imagine living like this much longer! I have been in tears all day. I am at a loss on what to do. I want my life back. How can I cope?? I don't want to be on pain meds for the rest of my life. This is just so crazy. I am not myself!! Even my kids wonder where their old Mom is!!
advertisement

Comments

• I know how you fill I posted about the same thing acouple of days ago. There is sure alot of ups and downs that go along with what we have to deal with.Its hard enough to get out of bed some days. I dont know what the answer is for you I wish I had some great advice for you.( i am watching The Grynch that stoled Christmas on TV thatmakes me smile). I can tell you the people on here are great, and they know what there talking about. I think you have to keep in mind that tomorrow will be better if you make it.
  • Crash, why did inusrance deny, that is crazy, but have heard there of others that happened too, and after a few calls or paperwork for doc, everything ok, hope the same will be for you frined,,, cyber HUGS
  • the sadness very well, too well. I read your post and wanted to support you. Hang in there and be gentle with yourself. The mental and emotional side of having chronic pain swacked me upside the head in May and has continued to be almost as bad as the pain itself, sometimes seeming to have a life of it's own. Anxiety has been an issue for me lately. I began work in the 12 steps around having a chronic illness. It has helped me to begin to let go of control and given me moments of spiritual freedom, which honestly is the last thing I thought I needed. Thanks again for your post and keep up the good/hard work. Jackie
  • Crash,
    Hopefully you can appeal the insurance company decision. I suggest you call and ask what course of action is open to you. Who knows what they look at when they make decisions, maybe they see you had surgery already for this problem and that is why they turn it down. Maybe just getting the surgeon to send a note explaining why this additional surgery is needed would help. .......I feel for you and I'm just trying to toss out some possible ideas. Don't give up and don't let this pull your spirit down. I am so sorry about your brother. We had a terrible year like that last year with the loss of several family members and several close friends. One was my best friend for over 40 years and was like a second mother to me. It makes it so much harder to cope. Hopefully your brother is now somewhere watching over you and can help get you through this tough time. ..I actually had my surgery on the first anniversary of the death of my best friend. I figured either she would watch over me or I would join her...guess she watched over me since I'm still here. O:) Somedays I just miss her so much but others I feel like she is right near by.
    LJ
    CRASH21 said:
    I can't wait until this year is over. It never seems to cease. I was injured in two separate auto accidents this past year (neither was my fault). My brother fought and lost his battle with cancer this year. In September, I had a 2 level ACDF. I am scheduled to have ALIF this month. Although I do not want any more surgeries, I am looking forward to starting a new year, hopefully pain free. I saw the end of the rainbow. That is, until today. Insurance denied my surgery. I can't imagine living like this much longer! I have been in tears all day. I am at a loss on what to do. I want my life back. How can I cope?? I don't want to be on pain meds for the rest of my life. This is just so crazy. I am not myself!! Even my kids wonder where their old Mom is!!
  • I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. I hope your doctor is filing an appeal and that the insurance company will pulls its head out of its you know what.

The chronic pain really impacts every part of our lives. How old are your kids? Mine are 3 and 5 so I can relate to you there too.

I don't want to be on pain meds and so much other crap for the rest of my life either. I'm praying that you get this approved with your insurance soon and that you are feeling better quickly! >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement