Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tightness and pulling along with buttock pain help!!!

lheinzellheinze Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am almost 3 months post op after laminectomy lumbar 3 wks ago and i still have alot of lower left back pain and hip and buttock pain. anyone else experience this? also the pt said my left side muscles are very tight. have a lot of tightness and pulling in back too. hurts so much it's draining me
any help would be great.

advertisement

Comments

• if this applies but I had alot of pain for a long time after my endoscopic microD. It took about 6 months for my sciatic nerve to calm down and my back and butt pain to ease off. You may just need more healing time. Have you checked with your doc?
  • hi
    i have another appt on wed. the physical therapist said i have muscle tighness and it's hard around the incision. that i may need a cortizone shot?
  • have issues with my incision site but the pain was so bad that I did have an epidural and 5 level rhizotomy 2 weeks after surgery. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

• Sitting at the end of a kitchen chairjust put your leg out straight and curl your foot in towards your shin. I did that for both legs and i also stood near a wall and stretched the calf and thigh by pushing towards the wall like a runners stretch. I did that for PT when I had a laminectomy 7 years ago and now that I have just had spinal fusion, i am starting to stretch the same area out before I even start PT because it does feel better after doing it.
  • I feel your pain I'm two months on a Laminectomy surgery I also feel the same way with the nerve and muscle spazm pains.I guess it is too soon to be feeling better, however i have a portable Tens unit machine at home that helps with the spazm. When you go to pt ask them to reffer you for one then the doc will write the scrip. THis should aleviate some of the pain but will not take it away. My doc says it should be at least six month before everything starts feeling better.
  • I have a pain in my left buttock where the previous pain before my laminectomy was located. I think that it is muscle related because the nerve pain in my leg is completely gone and this is day 7 post surgery. Has anyone else experienced this? Also yesterday I noticed that I am finally bruising below my incision and the pain at the incision is so much better.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.