Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It's Tuesday, must be Christmas time!

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Sleep Problems
:) it was busy a night here lat night. <:P i don't like seeing all those wasted dreams. it seems lots of us are getting excited about this month and all that entails. for me it gets simpler and simpler. i pulled out decorations this year and had no idea what to do with most of them. i was up for the tree and not much else. my imagination is on stalled. :? i see Robin and Frustrated kept the forum warm and full of cheer last night. :D i hope we can all catch a few hours of sleep this afternoon. sweet dreaming! Jenny :)
advertisement

Comments

• ~X( good evening all! well i really hurt myself!! :''( i fell down the steps going into the house. i opened the door and Sirius moved backwards and down i went. i am really frightened. i have not had pain on the left hand side of my back and now it is so painful and well i am just scared. :''( i am sure tomorrow morning will be better!! =D> no sleep again tonight i don't think! Jenny :)
  • you fell, being in pain anyway and then have that happen can't help. Make sure you go to the Doctor if things don't get better, you may have injured yourself.
    I hope you can get some sleep.....
    Jeanette
  • I'm sorry you fell. I hope that didn't set you back. I agree you should get checked out tomorrow. Hope you're okay. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Are you ok? I hope you are resting and everything is alright now :??

I shot this little guy on my porch_that's a little bug underneath him..obviously I interrupted his dinner,and he's giviving me the EYE..lol image
  • :> good morning! :H thank you all for caring about me. i am so sore and have a bad bruise. i am having trouble lifting my left foot up. i will have a few days of bed rest and aspirin. John is more than willing to take care of my chores and me. having a real "partner" is such a good feeling. <:P so that is where i will be today. i hope you all catch a nap! I) Robin, that picture is absolutely amazing. you are one heck of a photo "bug!" =)) Jenny :)

• I hope you alright!!!

bruise's go away thankfully and I here yo a nap does wonders.
  • :) 11:11PM. the house is quiet and i am settling in for the night. still in alot of pain from the fall but i know it will get better day after day. ~X( i will take some melatonin and magnesium tonight and see if that puts me out for a few hours. when the pain is really strong not much of anything can help me sleep. I) i know a couple of insomniacs here use Ambien. i am giving a big hurray to those things that help us sleep. I) HURRAY! Jenny :)

• I can't seem to settle down. I tried Ambien and it didn't help me. I figure when I get tired enough I will sleep sooner or later... Jenny I hope you are doing better. I thought about you off and on all day.
    Hope you all are able to get some much needed rest.
    Jeanette
  • How the heck can any of us manage that? My kids have already been told there will be no decorations this year because I can't stand long enough to get er done. Big applause to anyone who put up a whole tree.
  • :) 4jkasper, after awhile the meds just seem to become ineffective. not sleeping seems to overcome the medication eventually. well you know what i say, get cozy and try to nap. I) are you having a tree? profofhumanities, what about putting your tree up alittle at a time. :? even one day this and one day that? it can seem impossible to accomplish the smallest chore at times. :''( can your children help at all? i got my tree done but my husband put it up and did the lights. i only had to put on the decorations and did that over the whole day. Robin was able to get her tree up as well!! =D> Jenny :)
  • but my wonderful sister came and did it for me. I sat and watched my sister, her husband, my husband and my 2 kids put it up and they had a ball...There is noooo way I could have decorated but my family insisted, thought it would help my depression. /:)
    Pro, how old are your kids? can't they help decorate???
    Jeanette
  • ...and lazy ones at that. They have accepted the no tree for this year without any fuss. I can't get up to take a shower without hurting, so chores of any kind are not happening. My husband and sons, 17 and 6, are doing what they can to stay fed and have clean clothes, but that's about it.
    First thing I'm doing post op is scrubbing bathrooms.
  • :) 4jkasper,i bet you were laughing and giving directions the whole time. =)) we get good at that. look at that tree when you are feeling really down and blue. i know it will make you smile! :D Jenny :)
  • to hear they would rather go without a tree than to have to put one up...
    Also, sorry to hear your hurting that bad, believe me I know how it feels to not be able to do anything when your in that kind of pain...
    What kind of surgery are you having and when if you don't mind my asking...
    Jeanette
  • you have a bare spot over there, there is a bulb out, don't you see it??? =))
    Jeanette
  • Oh, I taje that back; later today. Hopin' for micro and praying for SOON. Npn-stop pain since Oct. 27. L5 S1 prolapse.
    Typing from a laptop on a tv tray and can't see the jeys easily....can't wait to be normal again.
  • :) profofhumanaties, good luck tomorrow with your surgeon! =D> remember to have your questions ready! i am in the same position as you with the computor. i am glad i don't have to sit at a desk though. fortunately, i can turn my lamp on when i need to and the tv as well. =D> Sirius, my 70# boxer/pit, just came in with me but when right under the covers. she still needs her beauty sleep! =)) are you comfortable otherwise? i am sorry you are in so much pain! :''( what about a hot shower or bath? 4jkasper, i am not in charge of lights!! but i will pass it on!! =)) Jenny :)
  • :S (|: i can't sleep! ~X( i am really tired and in so much pain i just want to sleep for awhile. I) i don't feel comfortable taking a sleeping pill in the middle of the day. i took a hot shower and clean pjs. i thought my pain pill would atleast make me drowsy but i am wide awake. i just want to go to sleep! :''( Jenny :''(
  • you finally got some sleep. I am putting all of my hope for sleep in for you tonight. I wish you weren't hurting so bad.
    Try counting elephants instead of sheep.... :))(
    Jeanette
  • :) it is Friday now. 12:20AM. i lose track of time sometime when there is no night's sleep. 8} i am hurting so bad i didn't even want Sirius in here with me. :''( i have no doctor i can even go to without paying cash and waiting weeks to be seen. ~X( my pain was finally under control for the most part and now i cannot even get out of bed.if i could get my foot up there i would kick myself for not being more careful on the steps. =)) well, i will be wandering the net tonight. anyone else up and keeping busy? Jenny :)
  • Jenny, I think if you are hurting that bad you should be seen by a Doctor, you could have really injured yourself. You don't have medical insurance?

• Sorry Jenny that your hurting,

Let me join you in the pain dept aisle 7.5.

Made the mistake of trying to get out today, visit friends and some errands funny how a common deed brings the piper.Now, I am just beginning to feel the aftershocks, spasm central and my sacroiliac joints are killing me.I cannot get comfy :''(

My back, even a bruise on my left shin area from a month ago is inflamed.My elbow w/ the possible psoriasis patch is swollen again.Left bottom foot new as well, its like pain found new ways to throw me off.Sleep tonight =))
  • :) 4jkasper, i have medi-cal. ~X( my pain management doctor, my gp and my orthopedic surgeon are not covered. :''( cash for all office visits. my only option is the er and i would rather pull my teeth out by hand than subject myself to that right now. :''( so i have no way to pay for a doctor. i just saw my pm on Wednesday and that was $125.00 for a 15 minute visit. i can't go back again now. i may just be in a panic. there are still a few more days of rest before i need to start doing that!! how are you feeling tonight? are you feeling bad, can't sleep or both? Jenny :)
  • I am also in pain but I didn't fall!! :D I don't know why exactly I seem to go through this everyother week it seems lately...
    I can't believe with medical that those are not covered, they wonder why so many people end up in the ER... Iam sorry you are hurting and are at a road block it seems....that just stinks.
    Well, I will be sending you lots of healing energy.......
    Jeanette
  • 4jkasper, thank you for the positive energy. i need it right now. so you aren't feeling very well? not getting any sleep doesn't help at all. sometimes it does seem to go in cycles! try your pain meds, a soft pillow and a really warm blanket. if only it was so simple!! i hope you catch a few winks this morning. I) Jenny :)
  • were you able to sleep alittle today? I thought about you off and on all day....
    My husband had today off (well, his day job)so we went Christmas shopping. I made it through 4 stores and we had to quit, the rate Iam going I should have started last July.My husband tries to get me to use the wheel chair carts but I refuse...
    No, Iam not feeling well, I was supposed to go to the NS next Thursday but they called this morning and said my bone scan report is in and he wants to see me on Monday.So, is that good or bad news, of course she wouldn't tell me anything over the phone, so it will be a very long weekend... :W :W :W I just know he is going to tell me Iam on the way to a full recovery and will be totally pain free... 8> 8>
    Well, I'll probably pop in later, hope you're feeling better. >:D<
    Jeanette
  • Jenny,Jeanette,Charry,Frustrated,Profofhumanities~I think I covered all in the thread..but ..I see I skipped the thread yesterday,and everyone is suffering with lack of sleep and such pain :S

I could type a lot and bore y'all to sleep,but I type pretty slow.I'm not a pecker(lol),maybe about 25/30 words a minute,but sometimes I stop to think so as not to get my posts too confusing.We don't have spell checker on this forum (that I know of?) so I always preview my posts and read them before I click the 'post'..WTH am I babbling about? ..Oh yeah,pain & lack of sleep :??

You sleepin' yet?

The pain-Well,I'm sorry is all I can say really..and Jenny that blows about your insurance(or lack thereof w/your Drs).I wish that I would win this lottery soon ..if I did I would share and you could go to whoever. image

I keep playing the lottery twice a week and I just know I'm going to win someday.I never used to think this way,I just played hoping I would win,but now I really think I WILL win.

• 1146 pm

My stomach has been loud rumbling and basically knotted up all day still no let down.I had some dizzy spells too, probably blood sugars.I feel like I am falling further into the abyss, even my depression has become uncomfortable.The 11th cannot come soon enough, I really hope my notes, research and hopefully obvious symptoms point to a cause.Its like dealing with a raging bull inside- it snarls, pounds, stabs at will.I am only one year in and beside the obvious, its this unknown adjunct that adds a 1-2 sucker punch every morning and evening :''(
  • :) Frustrated101, hi Matt! i can tell you are really feeling down and depressed. :''( i always look forward to time passing and feelings changing. you seem to be going deep inside of yourself and i don't want to lose you. i know you have heard tomorrow will be better but in our cases that is not always the way it is. ~X( please remember you have many friends here and we all are here to help you. i know you are weighing alot on your doctor's appointment and i have lots of positive thoughts coming your way. keep a smile in the corner of your pocket and pull it out once in awhile. you know you make me laugh!! :D cheer up and try to rest! I) Jenny :)
  • Jenny~
    I'm so sorry that you have been suffering so long after your fall. I hadn't checked in foe awhile so I didn't realize that you were still having so much trouble. I hope that you are able to rest and heal from your aches and pains very soon. I'll be thinking about you!
advertisement