Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any input on spinal decompression therapy?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm 50, male and have not worked for over 2 years due to inability to stand or walk for more than a few minutes due to lumbar pain radiating down to my foot. After epidural injections and a limited access foraminotomy, I continue to have the pain. LSI promises they can help me, another Ortho back surgeon disagrees and says anterior fusion is what I need. In reading others' experiences, sounds like nothing is too promising. I am interested in looking further into spinal decompression therapy, which of course is costly, but cost aside if it's effective. Any input, experience with this?
advertisement

Comments

• hi,you could have traction and it does the same thing as spinal decompression...it wouldnt cost as much too .
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have no experience with your specific problem but we do have pain in common. ~X( i am sure others will be by to give you some information. remember we are not doctors so it is only our opinions. :? good luck with your future pain treatments. =D> Jenny :>
  • JRK,

What is your diagnosis? Did you ever have an MRI? If you did, what did it show? I am also curious if you decided on your own to have the decompression therapy or did a doctor recommend it to you.? Also, what did the spinal surgeon say, why do you need the fusion and what is the expected outcome?

Sounds to me you are in a lot of pain for the last few years, but please, don't rush into anything, especially without medical recommendation. Do some research and if necessary obtain a second opinion.

Good luck. Hope you will find some relief.

Kin
  • I agree with Kinpain, you need to know exactly what an MRI shows. Treatment always depends of the diagnosis. After you find out what the MRI shows, then do your research and perhaps get another opinion. Best wishes to you in finding relief from your pain. (You might want to do some reading of posts in the Back and Neck Surgery Forum.)
advertisement