Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Lacey Buchanan and I am 21 years old. I am a newly wed (6 months this month) and I live in TN.
I have been suffering from mild back pain for about 2 years now which I attribute to my job as a server for the last 5 years. Recently, the pain has gotten worse and moved into my legs. I am almost unable to walk at times. My husband and I don't have health insurance, so before I go to a doctor, I want to know what I am dealing with. I am here to find some relief and an answer!
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. congratulations on your new marriage. <:P i have been married almost 30 years and am more in love now than the day we met. he asked me to marry him the first week after we met. so i digress enough. my point was you love can grow under these conditions!! :X i was this way when we met!! i would tell you that seeing your gp might be your best bet and the least expensive doctor to see. :? you could get an x-ray that way and some info on basic back care. if you are unable to work you should not ignore your pain warnings. keep good records as you start looking for a diagnosis as you may need disability somewhere down the road. while you are in here check out "Conditions" at the top of the forum page for some info on what you may be feeling. there are some good medications out now for nerve pain in the legs. your general practitioner could help you with that as well. good luck as you seek treatment. you might look under "Health Insurance" and check out the thread about "Teaching Hospitals." it is an option you might have to consider. Jenny :)
  • Are you anywhere near a teaching hospital? If so you can get very good care there and they will charge you according to your income. Sometimes it really takes some time in order to get a good diagnosis with back pain. Unless it is something like a ruptured disc or something else that will show on xray or MRI. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • I sent you a private message about a place that I think could help you. I wasn't sure that I should post it here so I thought it better to send you a message. My mother was also a server for many years. I don't know how you guys do what you do. I tried it and had to quit because I couldn't keep orders straight to save my life. :))) Have you tried any shoe inserts that will give you some added support or orthotic shoes? They cost a lot but are worth it if it if you are on your feet all day.
    We are here for support when you need us.
    :H