Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Everything Christmas........

RobinRRobin Posts: 1,652
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lighten and Brighten

Happy Holidays!
As Always,Robin
advertisement

Comments

• what a wonderful thought---i think all of us needed this!
  • I'm going to pass that on to my friends...it's beautiful and says it all.

Tracy
  • I haven't been posting much lately because I've been trying to get things ready for Christmas.My sons live in another state,so I ship everything to them.Tonight I'm baking their favorite cookies so that they can be somewhat fresh when they get the package.Sugar(cutout)cookies,and chocolate chip.I really don't like making the cutout cookies,never have-so naturally that would be their favorite.I just finished the choc chip & am taking a break before I do the cutouts,but the dough is in the fridge waiting.I wrapped all of their gifts last night and will package them and ship the box out tomorrow...then I pray until they call me telling me that they got the package ;))

This is the first Christmas without my mother who passed away July 8th,and I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something.The other night when I came home from shopping and was putting things away,Michael turned the light on in the spare room where we keep boxes of things not in use.There is an old figurine that my mother gave me years ago and plays 'SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW' when held under the light.This figurine was in a box in that room with things on top of it for quite some time,but when Michael went in the room the other night the figurine started playing the song and I heard it in the other room.We both sort of looked at each other,but I knew it was a gift when we had to search underneath things to find it.

The best gifts really are free.
  • You sweet thing!! What a lovely tree. ;-)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Zack,but not with family either.My boys(22&25)live in PA.,my sister and her family lives in PA too,and it's just as well because I get migraines when I'm around her ;))

Both of my brothers have passed relatively young,43 and 46,and my dad,well he never wanted anything to do with us..but that's ok,his loss.

I found out after my mother died that I have another sister.It was quite a shock.Actually this is the first time I ever mentioned it.We talked a few times and we are trying to get to know one another.It's odd because she feels that she was jipped in not having her real family,and I don't have the heart to tell her what she's missed because who knows what her life was like-or would have been like? I think if she knew what my life was like that she may think differently,but I don't feel comfortable telling her some things-it would make me feel I am being disloyal to my mother.It's a process I suppose..but later,when we get to know one another better she may feel that I was being dishonest.

Yes~a shrink is in order.After the holidays I decided to get started on this.Just when I thought I was caught up..but it's ok,I'm ready.

I'm not very good at accepting a compliment,but Zack,your post was very nice and did bring a smile to my face,and brightened my evening.Thank You :)))
  • Robin said:
    This is the first Christmas without my mother who passed away July 8th,and I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something.The other night when I came home from shopping and was putting things away,Michael turned the light on in the spare room where we keep boxes of things not in use.There is an old figurine that my mother gave me years ago and plays 'SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW' when held under the light.This figurine was in a box in that room with things on top of it for quite some time,but when Michael went in the room the other night the figurine started playing the song and I heard it in the other room.We both sort of looked at each other,but I knew it was a gift when we had to search underneath things to find it. The best gifts really are free.
    I lost both of my inlaws this year; Dad on March 18th and Mom on September 5th. You really feel the loss at this time of year, don't you? Every time I turn around I see something of theirs in our house and it gives me a bit of comfort, but also brings on the sadness. My two sisters-in-law are really struggling, and I wish I could "fix" that for them.

I'm glad you have some happy memories to keep you going; have a wonderful Christmas.

Tracy
advertisement