Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New symptoms from 5 weeks accident very concerned

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a neck injury about 5 weeks ago, the pain has pretty much gone apart from the left arm. I think I have a c5-c6 injury of some kind.
About a week ago I lost feeling in my left index finger and on the back of my hand. Four days ago i began losing strength in the left arm. I can now lay flat when sleeping but it causes me pain to do so, I wake with pain in the left arm. I also had muscle spasms in the neck!
However my symptoms seem to be getting worse. Over the last few nights I have woken up in the morning with the usual left arm pain an also now my right arm is numb. It recovers as soon as i get up. I am writing now because tonight I just woke up with my right arm and both legs numb. I am really concerned now! My right arm and legs recovered immediately I got up but I had pins and needles for some time.
Could I have pressure on my spinal column, I had an mri today but I have to wait two weeks for the results

Gino

advertisement

Comments

• Gino, welcome to the site,,, sorry to hear the reason that you are here, but you in right place.

I too had many of your symptoms, and they were from cervical spine issues,,,,, it a shame you have to wait two weeks to get the results, why so long ? I'm not a doc, but those were some of my symptoms from pressure on spine. I hope all will work out for you,,, maybe you could call doc after a few days, see if the results are in, and if he has an opening if you are having pain still. Best to you.
  • I've been through exactly what you're going through. If I were you I'd call the Dr's office and explain your symptoms and see if they can't work you in sooner than 2 weeks. Believe me the squeaky wheel gets the oil. But please try to relax and don't freak out just yet. Just the antipation will drive you nuts. But please do call in the morning and see if you can get in sooner. It really doesn't take that long for a Dr to go over an MRI with a patient. If that's not an option. Keep coming back here and we will try to help with some of your symptoms. The one thing I would suggest you start doing right now is writing down your symptoms. When they started. How long they lasted. That sort of thing. I too often found myself in the Dr.'s office with a stutter before I could get through the cob web of a brain of mine to be able to answer him. And to answer your final question. It could be pressure on your spine but you REALLY need to get in to see your Dr. ASAP.
  • As hard as I know it is, try not to worry yourself too much or "self diagnose". There is so much information on the internet and so many things that can be going on that it can drive you nuts! The worry is as bad as the symptoms sometimes!

I agree with the other posters- try to give the doc a call and tell him that your symptoms are worsening. He may be able to put a rush on your MRI results.

Keeping a diary of your symptoms is a great idea. It's a helpful tool for the doc to help diagnose what's going on with you. Doctors often use a pain scale as well- 1 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain you ever felt. Keep a record of that at various times during the day along with whatever activity you're doing at the time.

We're all with you and sending you good wishes. Please let us know what your doc has to say, okay?

Griff