Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Am So Disappointed

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been waiting for admission to hospital to remove the osteophyte and disc at C5/6. As the time has passed I have phoned the Neurosurgeon's secretary weekly. I am now told it will be January at the earliest.

I am so down about this, I feel I need the surgery so I will be able to get a clearer picture of where my arthritis is at this time. We do not know if the deterioration is caused by the osteophyte, or is it my arthritis.

I remain in no mans land and am as confused as ever,my hands are useless and my mobility is getting poor.

It is very hard to remain positive at this time.
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear of your pains and frustrations. It seems to take forever for these processes to go through. I found out I needed surgery in Feb 08 and never had it until 7/1/08 due to fighting with insurance company.

Hang in there and try to make the best out of each day. It's hard to just sit and wait. It's easier for time to go by if you could do something, however not being able to do things makes hours seem like days.

God Bless you and hopefully they can get you in sooner.
    Michele
  • It's sad you have to wait so long. I hope you have someone to help you with things until then. Are you able to use TENS or ultrasound or massage if ordered to help through the wait period? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • What is wrong with the world when people have to needlessly suffer when a possible solution dangles in front of them like a carrot in front of a horse?!?!? I feel for you!!! I'll be hoping people can get their act together so you can move on with life. Just know I'm only a message away if you need support, to vent, or just want to pass some time with someone who cares!

Much love, positive energy, and understanding, >:D<
    Lisa
  • Many thank to you all for your responses. I know I am not the only one waiting, however am getting really fed up as I have been jumping through all the medical hoops since Nov 07. I am now so tired and fed up, feeling I have no where to turn.

Today I went for an eye test and could not continue with the appointment as people on Incapacity benefit don't get assistance. When I came home I phoned the benefit agency and they informed me I will get Income Support as of 12th Dec so have remaide the appointment for 15th. I will still have to pay a great deal of the costs as my eyes need special lenses not covered. Oh lord...I should have got a job with private health insurance. I have never require help in terms of benefits as I have always managed to continue at work. now aged 53 have been off sick for 13 months

:oops: sorry to be so downcast...wish I still enjoyed a drink...a large whiskey would go down well..another downside to the medication :roll: I cant tollerate alcohol!!

So I am off to indulge in my latest adiction...I am going to demolish a whole roll of wine gums...and there just better be some green ones in there :lol:" alt=":lol:" height="20" /> Huggs to all you caring people. Lindaxx
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.