Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Walking Like the North Pole is Crammed up my........ oh you know

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
Good day all. I don't know about anyone else out there, but winter has officially hit here in Kansas. For the past 3 or 4 days the temp has been in the 30's and 40's for the high, and with a blustery northern wind to boot. I swear my body feels like I got hit by a train..... even immediately upon rising in the morning. All that hardware in the back is more noticible than ever during these cold winter months. I hope that anyone else out there living in the icy cold is hanging in there ok! It's gonna be a long winter, eh?

Brrrrrrrrrr!(ouch)Brrrrrrrrr!(ouch) (hurts to shiver.... lol!)

Peace love and hugs to all,

Amy #o
advertisement

Comments

• Amy,

Sorry to hear that, its cold here in Oregon too, no hardware but my arthritis has me wishing a fix could be done.Glad to see yo still got a sense of humor as well, the title was hilarious;)

Hoping you have a great holiday season an a fantastic new year, you deserve it <:P
  • You crack me up =)) I live in Upstate New York and it's cold and damp about 3/4 of the year. I am surely feeling it this winter as it's my first winter post op. I am so scared when I have to walk across ice that I feel like I waddle like a penguin :))(
  • Oh gawd I am scared to death of walking on the ice. So much so that I won't unless I absolutely have to. Mike keeps the porch and walkway clear for me so that helps. But if its icy out, and we have groceries in the house, I won't leave until it gets better outside!! The thought of slipping and falling and busting my butt on the ground is just too horrific for words!! lol!!

I knew there were more of you out there, struggling with the cold and the damp. Ain't it grand??? Yet another perk to being a member of the dubious "Spiney Society"! Waa hoo! Who knew we'd get all of this and more in a neat little package!!

Well, stay warm my friends, and stay safe. Big bear hugs coming your way..... and a little of my "special" hot chocolate to boot. Mmmmmmm.

Peace,

Amy ;)
  • =)) It's so cold especially when I wake up and get moving. It's -7 C windchill here in south eastern Canada. I don't know what that is in farenheit. Hopefully winter won't be as bad as last year. I'm not going back to work any time soon with this back. I've got the heat on my back right now! Take it easy. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Unfortunately my hubby isn't so helpful and for some reason, where we park our cars is all icy and I have to walk on a little bit of ice to get in my truck. I do most of the ramming and grocery shopping etc. I make him take groceries out of the truck though. It is nice to find people with similar situations who can relate. It's hard to find understanding from people who don't know what you are feeling.

Bear hugs to you too. I am sitting in bed with my fuzzy blanket watching soaps with my favorite kitty cat, Rudy waiting for afternoon pain meds to kick in.
  • Since it's cold here in TN too my teeth chatter and now that I have titanium in the back of my throat that is no fun at all. So I called my brother in FL and told him he will need to begin the addition to his home immediately as I will be moving in with him and his family and will need my own room. The silence from the other end of the phone was golden. He was completely at a loss for words. :) I'm his little sister so he's obligated to take care of me. :D
  • Here in Louisiana, it got into the 30s last night. Not sure which 30 it was, but anything under 60 degrees feels like a negative 30 degrees. I don't like cold weather. I guess you could say "Southern by the Grace of God"!

All my friends that live where it's icy - please, please PULEEZE be careful not to slip and fall. Trust me, I do enough of that for everyone. But do be careful. I would hate to read where one of you fell and sent yourself into a backward spin (as it relates to your treatment).

Amy - that Mike is definitely your Angel. He is so sweet to be sure the porch and walkways are clear of ice. My husband? He'd have one of the kids do it. That's too "physical" for him. Or, it involves too much labor.

Stay warm my friends!

Jeaux
  • I feel like my back's been hit with a sledgehammer and then constantly is jackhammered ~X( The cold is really causing mayhem and it hurts to even sneeze. I swear I can feel all the hardware.
  • That's a great idea. I think I will give my brother in North Carolina a call and run that by him and see what he thinks. =))
  • I know we've been on this topic before but I am really seriously thinking of getting a cane since I've been finding myself loosing my balance and my legs and feet are getting weaker so a cane especially during this cold icy season would be helpful. I really need to just suck it up and buy one.
  • Ya the winter cold is here,it actually got to 48 here! brrr.my professor was worried about the fact i was wiggle and a wriggle during the finals.take care and all you yankees north of the Nueces river wrap up!
  • You think 48 is cold? :))( That's our high this time of year.
  • I live in Denver where we have been having an arctic blast and I feel every temperature change. I am having to go back to percocet which is not what I have wanted to do, but I have no choice-either percs or suffer. BTW I had a 2 level PLIF in Feb of this year and I can feel the metal when it gets cold.

I do use a cane when the snow and ice are bad. I fear ice beciase a fall on ice after the blizzard of 2006 is how I injured my back.

Ohh to be in Arizona now..
  • Bucky,

I'm in Wichita Kansas and it is cold as a well diggers you-know-what here lately. Teens at night and barely above freezing during the day. I too have metal in my back and I can feel the cold... some folks don't believe that, but you and I both know its true.

Ice is my nemesis and I try to avoid it at all cost. YOU be very very careful, and don't get out in it unless you absolutely have to. And even then walk slowly and carefully. Us spineys are the last ones who need to slip and fall on our collective arses!!!

Wanna share the cost of 2 round trip tickets to somewhere warm???? I'm IN!!!!

Hugs,

Amy
  • You can come stay with me in Charlotte, NC if you want. It has been in the high 60's and 70's lately. Unseasonably warm but I will take it. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Hey girl. How are you feeling today? I hope you have the worst of the initial post op pain gone.

Ok, I'm on my way to your place. I don't eat much and I can sleep on the couch. I can also help you while you heal up. Sounds like a plan to me!!! ( ;) )

Thanks for the "invite' and I hope that you continue to heal and feel better each day.

hugs,

Amy >:D<
  • I am definitely moving to my brother's house in Orlando. Our wind chill was in the minuses yesterday. Thank goodness for Christmas we will have temperatures over 50 so at least I can get out of the house and go visiting for a while.
  • it is so cold here i hate it this morning was -38 with the wind made it feel like -49. That is just to cold for xmas, but i will just suck it up and stay warm. Hope everyone has a very merry xmas.
  • Where do you live. I thought I had it bad but it's not that cold here. It's still cold enough to make my back hurt, hence the reason for still being awake at 1:10am.
advertisement