Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 months post op...ACDF C5-6, 6-7...feeling bad

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
OK, up until last week, I was doing pretty good on my recovery but this past week, I've been experiencing numbness and tingling like I had prior to surgery. I haven't called the DO's office...yet. I have my 6 month check up on January 5th.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, did it go away? Is this part of the on going recovery? I'm a little frustrated now since it started.

advertisement

Comments

• Sorry about the triple post, my computer locked up.
  • that you are havin trouble. Could be nothing, could be something. Probably be best to call and get looked at sooner than later.Only you can be the judge. I remember momentarily burning slivers of pain sensations down the back of my neck, but that was early on post op. I wouldnt think you should be having this this far along. Did you lift or move something too heavy? I did that last month. Not good. But now I dont really experiance anything other than stiffness and light sorness. My NS said I was almost fully fused at 5 months and that is on average at 6-8 to 12 months. Everyone heals different. Are you taking vitamins? Try not to be frustrated and let us know.
  • as my NS would tell me. I had some of my worst pain at 3-4 months, as I triggered nerve pain by too much activity all of a sudden. the cervical spine is a small place, and you may have a lot of scar tissue. in any case, probably good idea to check in with your Dr. I am at almost ten months post-op, and still get numbness/tingling in my thumbs if I overdo it.
  • I'm guessing I probably did overdo it about 2 weeks ago. Might have been raking the leaves in the yard that did it?? I still try to be careful on what I can and cannot do.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,359
    and this cold weather is causing HAVOC to my neck and arm .... After my first surgery it was 6 weeks before things started going south ..... this time it was 6 months before pain and symptoms returned .... oh boy! ....

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Today is the worst day so far. I feel like before I had surgery. My arm and hand having been numb most of today.

Think I'll just lay on the heating pad for the night. ~X(
  • your still not that far out of surgery and still have a lot of inflammation in your neck even if your not feeling it its there.you will experience all different pains for quite a while probably. thats what i keep being told anyways. i had my three level in april.i get numbness and pain that comes and goes much more since my accident they say its from the inflammation again. don't worry too much about it yet start to worry if its still there after a year.LOL :D
  • So does that mean I don't have to do yard work? :))(

• there has to be some benefit to all of this pain. ;)
  • Bummer on the flair up! I too have had some set backs but I think it is just part of the game. Tonight I am up because my neck is sore, bone pain feeling. A lot of it is just the healing process I think. I have been getting back into bike riding in the past two weeks. Starting out easy on a trainer only going about 6 miles a time. That so far hasn't caused much pain. Lifting some weights does get to me a bit but not bad. The arm does get tingly at times but nothing like before...for me now it was my lower back, which needs fusion but I am going to hold out as long as I can. Anyway...hope you find out the issue and it turns into no big deal...
    Gary
advertisement