Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My OS s--ks

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok I have to vent,Just went to see my OS its been 4 weeks sense my staples been taken out. He let me sit in the office for 1HR,NEVER looked at my back, and told me everything that I said was normal and go back to work.I told him I work 50 hours a week on my feet. He said I should be ok but gave me note for 3 weeks 1/2 time than back to full. Did not put anything on about BLT.ERRRRRRR
The questions I asked him was
Why does my back get tight and swell when i walk or sit for to long?
Still have tingling in butt and legs when I sit or lay down?

advertisement

Comments

• Did he even answer your questions? I didn't think I was ready to go back to work either. Now I'm positive I wasn't ready to go back to work. They sent me back to work full time with no restrictions. I was like, Huh? Oh well. I get there as soon as my neck lets me and I stay as long as it let's me. I'm lucky though that I don't have to punch a clock. Sorry Vuno. Aren't you the one that works in a plant? Or do I have you mistaken for someone else?
  • I can not even imagine him letting you go back to work this soon.... I must have a wonderful doctor because he is so loving and helpful,,,, He spends as much time as needed with me and has always made sure I was comfortable at all times.. I to have a hard standing up, and lifting job, as I am a chef/baker and he told me Monday that I would not be able to do that work again, or risk being hurt again... Im so sorry that you have to go back when your not ready,, that is just so wrong....
  • that is so terrible i know my OS isnt even letting me resume school till 6 weeks post-op i have no clue how your gonna be able to work???
  • No, that is pretty unsatisfactory isn't it.
    I think that a lot of Drs need to ask the parients 'what does your job entail?" before saying when to go back to work.
    I know when I had lam/disc I also was given no BLTs so I dont know if that is necessary so much unless it is for a fusion. Each Dr is different when I had fusion it was definitely no BLT.
    Now concidering the work you do I would have thought it appropriate to have that on your med cert.

I also think you need to keep ringing and harassing him about your questions until you get an answer.

Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement