Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

about Lexapro...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Depression and Coping
I've been on Lexapro now long enough to have had a few bad days! but... I'm so glad I am on it. Monday I went to PT and my therapist NAILED me. oh my... I've cried every day since... but the major and quite a HUGE difference from before I was on Lexapro... I have not had crazy thoughts like I'd rather be dead. I don't even go there. I don't shut out my husband. I can still feel loved and not all alone. it's amazing the differences. and trust me, this week has been SUCKY physically. if anyone out there is debating whether or not to take anti-depressants and you deal with chronic pain... know it works wonderfully for some of us. I have no more stomach aches from it, either. I should call them up and tell them I wanna be their spokesperson! haha

advertisement

Comments

• I am so glad you found a med that you can take and helps you. The physical pain truly affects our emotional and mental health. Hope it continues to get even better!
  • So glad to hear that lexapro is helping you. Last week minutes before my fifth caudal injection I broke into tears and explained to the nurse that I'm just feeling overwhelmed by being in constant pain ranging from 7 to 9 every single day! I told her that I wanted to talk to the doctor about lexapro and she said that he won't prescribe anti-depressants. I go to see my primary doc on Thursday, the soonest they could get a depressed woman who was crying on the phone is nine days! Lol! G- How long after you started taking it did you start to feel better? Any side effects that bother you? Thanks for any info you can give! - Dawn
  • I started feeling better the fourth day. like a serious difference. it was amazing. I had a dull stomach ache for about 5-6 days. it went away. that's insane you had to wait 9 days. good thing you weren't suicidal. ok... morbid humor-- sorry!

I had a horrible week after Thanksgiving. maybe the fact I had 25 people that day had something to do with it. It was a wonderful day... I just way overdid it. I did cry several times that week... but I never once thought I wanted to die. no irrational thoughts. I used to think several times a week "I hate my life" and I have a really good life with the exception of my nasty back pain. I haven't thought that since that fourth day. :)

good luck and let me know if it works for you, too!

G.
advertisement