Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI Injections wonderful for 2 weeks,pain back already!

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I had The Bi-lateral injections, and I was amazed at how much relief I had, finally....but..they didn't last as long as I thought they would.( about 2 weeks) My understanding is that injections should only be given 3 times a year...anybody get them more often? I also am seriously incontinent now.Don't know if that has something to do with my back or if that's another issue! Now that the cause of pain in my low low back and hips has been identified, anybody know what possible treatments may be presented to me? I go to see my PM Dr. today. Kind of bummed...and tired,ever so tired. Thanks for being here. Sagehen
advertisement

Comments

• I had only one day relief when I got steroid injections, so consider yourself lucky. They do not work for my problem. Plus, I had really bad reaction from the steroids and can not have them again, unless they put me in a rubber room.

If you are incontinent, it could be from the SI, or it could be a side effect from your back problem. You should call the doctor immediately. If your doctor is not concerned about it, find a doctor who knows more about medicine.

• Sagehen,
    I agree you should get to doctor asap with bathroom issues. I've done a lot of research and that was one thing that was mentioned that if you experience incontinence that you should contact your doctor right away.

What is a bilateral SI? I am scheduled for SI injection on right side for next Thurs. I had an appt this morning to talk about another round of injections with PM doc. Ortho wanted me to have medial branch block and was supposed to have this yesterday but didn't because of insurance issues. Anyway, after my appt and him bending me back and forth, moving legs around I am in excrutiating pain. The worst part is that it's on the left side in the SI area and I've never had this much pain on that side. Something must've been flared up from all the bending and moving. I am laying in bed and took 3 vicoprofen waiting for them to kick in and waiting for PM doc to call back and tell me why left side hurts this bad now. Now I am wondering if I should have him do both sides since the left is hurting so bad.

God bless and good luck with everyone's injections. I hope I get more than a couple of days releif. I am so frustrated after having surgery and still no relief.

Happy Holidays!
    Michele
  • Hi Michele,
    Bilateral SI injections are injecting both sides of the SI joint at the same time. I will be having them done again as soon as insurance approval. I see my NS tomorrow and will be asking him about the potty problem I am now having. Sorry you're still having problems after surgery. It sounds like you have a Dr that is willing to keep searching for an answer for you though. Instead of just saying ," Surgery went fine,fusion looks great, end of story!" When I first told my NS about my hip pain and killer spasms , he put his hands in the air and said"Oh, I don't know anything about that!" I have the same reaction after an examination, hurt like crazy for about 3 days! I thought I was just "out of shape". What does a medial branch block do? I need to educate myself on some of these other procedures, in case my PM or NS suggests them! Thanks for the input, without this site I have absolutely nobody to talk about this stuff with!
    Have a good day! Sagehen
  • I am not sure which one this was so I can't offer you any help on this. I do know that you can search on spine health for medial branch block and it will give you info. I've had a couple of different injections and now I can't remember which is which except I do know the discogram. I will never forget that one :''(

I am lucky to have a team of dr's to keep helping me. I have a great primary doctor who is helpful and ortho is great. He referred me back to pain mgmt dr who is in the same office as him.

Maybe I should have him do bilateral instead of one side since my left side has been hurting too since he twisted and bended me around last week.
advertisement