Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Some Advice, Pleeze

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
Good day all. I am blue as blue can be.... have been for a couple of days now. I know part of it is the holidays.... we still don't have the house decorated and the tree up, which I usually do the weekend after Thanksgiving, so the house isn't as cheery as it should be. And also this time of year I tend to reflect on those that have passed away and how much I miss them..... but I think that is natural.

I'm stiff and sore as old man winter plays a piano concerto up and down my spine, but I'm used to that.

I was wondering...... could this be a sign that the dose of hormones that they started me on after the hysterectomy isn't sufficient? Possibly? I know they start you on the absolute lowest dose possible so it just occurred me that maybe this could be the biggest factor.

Well, if anyone else has any knowledge of dealing with post-hysterectomy or menopausal hormone therapy, holler at me please. In the meantime, I'm going to have another chocolate covered graham cracker.

Peace Love and Hugs to all,

Amy

P.S.
I almost forgot...... Cindy (Neck of Steel) I want to openly thank you for the private messages you have sent me full of genuine concern and compassion. I'm so glad that we dealt with our "head butt", however accidental it was, behind the scenes, like the classy women that we are. Extra hugs coming to you. I hope they find you doing well. Have a wonderful weekend friend. >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• Amy:

I wish there was something I could say to cheer you up. If it's any consolation, my house isn't decorated either...

I have heard that during this time of year, people in general get depressed/sad/blue. I also believe this time of year has the highest suicide rate.

I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago. They just took my cervix. I still have my ovaries, so - sorry. Can't offer you anything there. I've never been on hormones. I would like to have my thyroid function tested - I think it's underactive.

Hope you find the answers you are looking for. You could ask your doc to check your hormone levels. Sounds like a great place to start.

Have a great weekend!

Jeaux

(ps - i'm glad you ladies straightened your difference!)
    j
  • I think it takes a while to get the hormone level up when you start the medication. However, if you think what you feel is more than just the usual holiday blues, contact your doctor. What medication did they put you on? I know there are a few out there, and if one doesn't work well, they can try another one. Hope you begin to feel better soon! After my hyst., I had to wait like 2 weeks before they gave me the med...thought I was going to die!!! I kept crying at the drop of a hat at everything! It's not a fun place to be, that's for sure.
  • So sorry to hear you are feeling blue :( I don't have my decorations up either. I have 2 decorations outside. It took me all day to put up my snowman that should only take a couple of minutes because I couldn't keep bending down to put the stakes in and put the pieces together. Then I have snowflake lights that stick in the ground and I broke one of the stakes so I gave up and told hubby to take care of it ~X( It's still sitting in the yard broken. I am frustrated because I want to decorate, it just hurts so bad everytime I start.

I don't know much about the hormone hystorectomy thing, wish I could offer some advice there. I do know that cold weather can escalate back pain which escalates depression. It seems to be never ending.

I'll be praying for you.
  • I went thru the same thing myself so i know how you feel. I was told it takes time for the body to get used to the missing parts and the HR meds. I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend after i had my surgery. I was a real "female dog" before it was over with. :''(

Here's hoping you all have a great day!

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • I wish I could hug the blues away from you and the guys, tell the significant mister...hunny AHH NEED HUG...NOWW!
    as for the hormonal ups and down, well bein a ranchand has its downfalls,being a he ranchhand and all... seasonal affective disorder brings me down too, yep, its got a name...if it helps, when i need a up, i go to you tube and watch the funny cats.
    much hug to ya!
  • I am not sure about the hormones, but I do know that they play a big part in your emotinal state. I am going to be needing to get a partial hysterectomy(sp) eventually because I get severe cysts and fibroids. I am told that they will take out the cervix and uterus. Here are some hugs for you >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I think this time of year can just get to the best of people. You have lots of reasons to feel blue. My mom actually stopped HR treatment when it was all over the news about how it didn't work or was dangerous it's been so long ago I can't remember what the controversy was. I wish she hadn't because I think she gets more depressed now than before. Definitely talk to your Dr about it. But come here and let us give you Christmas >:D< hugs that will hopefully turn into Christmas cheer.
  • I, like you guys, have NOT put up any Christmas decorations. I have been having some major flares, but I also have the blues. My mother passed away in July of '04 and I had a hysterectomy that same year in December. I started on hormones the same day I had the surgery. I never have felt like the hormones have been just right, but I also have had the back issues, my mother's death, the illness of my grandparents... Nothing has been good since I had the surgery, so I really don't know where to put the blame. My husband says I completely changed after my hysterectomy. He says that I am quick tempered, sometimes a bully, and stand up to him like a man (not good in his opinion). Anyway, back to the decorations... I haven't put any decorations since my mother passed away. Christmas time is very difficult for me without her. She decorated her house all up and really poured it on for my kids. I just miss her so much and I can't imagine having a REAL holiday without her. My kids have really missed out because of it and I feel really bad about that. Probably if my husband would just get the stuff out I would join in, but he hasn't even tried. This year, in October, I decided we were for sure going to put out the decorations this year. Now the time is here and I don't have anything out!

Jeaux~
    Something my doctor told me about the thyroid function test is that even if your test shows that your thyroid is functioning, which means that it is producing cells, it doesn't show WHAT KIND of cells it is producing. It could be producing junk that your body can't use. He suggested that I start taking Selenium (a supplement) to help with healthy thyroid production... Just a thought!

Hope you guys can chase your blues away and have a good weekend. If you can't get your decorations up, try having a Festivus instead! (This is from a Seinfeld episode) They put up a steal pole instead of a tree! It really is funny if you haven't seen it. Have a good one!!
  • ..... and lets have a group hug to chase away the blues! Trater and Tonya, god bless you both. Thank you for sharing from your heart, things that make this time of year difficult for you, too. It's good to know it's not just me....and it's NOT good to know that it's not just me too, though you know what I am trying to say? This is supposed to be a time of family, sharing good times, and just a time of cheer. I am trying my damnedest to get on that page. I think if we stick together maybe we can get there together.

I went to bed late last night just with the wide eyes and my mind was racing, so i was up pretty late. My son is with his Dud (the other donor) this weekend, and my daughter left early this morning to spend the night with my mother to help her get her house all Christmasy, so it's just Mike and I.

When I woke up and staggered up the stairs with crud in my eyes and not fully awake by any means, I was pleasantly surprised. Mike had arranged the furniture and had gotten the tree up!! It isn't decorated yet but the lights are on and atleast it looks like a holiday is coming! God bless him for all he does. Some days I just want to pinch his head off because he is one of the quirkiest people I know, but this has also endeared him to me. But then there are days like today when he took the bull by the horns and got something done for me that means so much, and is something I cannot do on my own. I know in my heart of hearts that I have one special man and I thank the good lord (and Match.com, lol)for crossing our paths. In February it will be our 2 year anniversary, too. Happy times that I never thought i would ever have again after losing Tom (my 1st hubby).

I am most definately going to call my OB surgeon on Monday and see about the hormones. Someone posted that they "changed" significantly after their Hysto, and I am feeling that this may be my case as well. Hopefully this new me doesn't chase away all that is good in my life, and gets a handle on the hormones or whatever it is.

Well, I love you all as always. I want for us ALL to have a cheerful holiday season, and I think that if we continue to stick together this can be made a reality. Huge hugs to all that have posted on this thread with advice, stories of their own, or just words of support and caring. There is no price that can be put on what we have here together.

Peace love and hugs to all,

Amy >:D<
advertisement