Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lyrica

araineaaraine Posts: 152
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Pain Medications
Hello all, it's been a while since I have written to the forums. I went to my NS on Thursday and he is sending me for an MRI on monday. He thinks I have muscle or nerve damage. Anywho, he put me on Lyrica for 2 weeks....I just want to know, what do you know about this drug? I mean, yes I looked it up, but I want real people experience. Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I started taking Lyrica a little over a week ago for possible nerve damage. I am going in for a MRI on Monday. I had spinal fusion L4, L5, S1 for spondylolithesis. Lyrica has really worked for me. I'm a little foggy at times, but it sure beats the pain I have had to deal with. I'm sleeping better and my general mood has improved. I'm taking 50mg 3x a day. I would give it a try. I've tried all different types of pain meds and muscle relaxers with no relief. I hope this works for you. It's been two years since I have felt this good.
  • did lyrica work better than your pain medications? If you have nerve damage,how would you describe the pain. I know that I have nerve damage at C7 from the EMG I had. I am curious about Lyrica and might ask my NS about this.
    Thanks, Bethy
  • Lyrica has worked better than any pain med I have taken. My pain has been a constant throb in my lower back with pain in my hips and shooting down my legs to my toes. Both of my hips hurt constantly and if I increase my activity level, my hips feel like they are going to rip apart. The pain never goes away and it varies in degrees from day to day.I have not had an EMG. We just suspect nerve damage and the NS thought I should try it. I guess I'll know more after the MRI.
  • Lyrica worked more for the tingling and numbness and most of the pain. I still needed pain meds though. After a few weeks the side effects went away. Dry mouth, dizziness,feeling tired, hard to concentrate on anything. But not everyone gets those side effects. It really helps me. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi! i have been on Lyrica for over a year now and find it very effective in handling the nerve pain in my left leg. the best treatment for that i have ever had. =D> there is some getting used to the dosage. i am on 300mg a day. it took a while for my body to adjust to that dosage so don't give up if the side effects give you some problems at first. ~X( they will go away eventually. the biggest problem is weight gain. ~X( i have gained about 30 pounds and am struggling to take it off. the relief this medication gives me is worth the weight gain. good luck and hang in there! Jenny :)
  • Wow thanks everyone. Not looking forward to the weight gain though, I have a wedding to plan for! LOLz. I am only on 75mg a day, so I guess I have nothing really to worry about. I just saw the horrible side effects, and I wanted to see if it's worth it cause the side effects of medicines usually take a toll on my body.
  • 75mg. x 2/day. I haven't really noticed a difference, but everyone takes longer to see results. I'm not too optimistic because I have arthritis not nerve pain.
advertisement