Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For Hopey, Dave, Ron, and all SPW alumni

TammyTTammy Posts: 84
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lighten and Brighten
The newer folks don't know me so I think the title sums it up. Hopey, I know you and Dave are lurking out there somewhere and this is for you. The muffin is in the oven so wish me happy baking!

Tammy
advertisement

Comments

• That is excellent. Congrats and happy, healthy baking!

"C"
  • Thank you!! Will be curious to see if any of the old-timers pop up. I'm sure all the new folks are really nice too, but the old timers were the ones coaxing me along in chat all those times :)
  • Cool!!!!! Congratulations. And yeah, we were all telling you to do it. So tell me, did it happen while you were on the cruise?

I hope the pregnancy goes well.

CindyS
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Hey congrats Tammy. Your forgot one thing whenever this happened you didn't bring us any donuts...What is up with that. Anyway congrats when is the due date.
  • Donuts? #o

Nope, not during the cruise since my visitor showed up. Recent event. Going okay so far though had a spotting scare last night that freaked me completely out. My doc was much less concerned then I was. As of now, due July 31 though I'm sure that will change.
  • Congradulation, and woohoo, when is the date
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    Tammy, it so good you went back to baking. Do you know how long the new recipe will have to stay in the oven?

Boy, when the time comes, will you and your husband enjoy the outcome.

Take care of yourself and keep your back strong
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That's great news Tammy. Be sure to send us some pictures of your "finished product" okay?

Why is everyone speaking in code? I almost thought she was actually talking about muffins... I love muffins. And pie.

You take extra care Tammy. Sometimes the altitude will affect baking times and all that rot, so - no strenuous stuff, okay?

Again - congrats!

Jeaux
  • Do I count as SPW alumni?

And congrats on the muffin. =D>
  • Well of course you do Steve! And thanks everyone. Still awaiting the blood test from the spot scare but I'm sure all will be well. Oven set at a pleasant cooking temperature and the timer should go off next July.
  • Tammy,
    when you get those test results. Will be praying everything is ok. Glad to hear doc not worried. Keep us posted. How many muffins in the oven. Do you know yet how active those swimmers were.
  • Dr seems to think everything is okay, blood test came out the way we wanted it to. Goodness, only one muffin! One! Spineys don't do twins!
  • Is this the first muffin baking experience for you?? I intended to bake two batches, but ended up with three...wouldn't change it for anything!!

Take good care - I had a few little incidents as well, but everything turned out just fine. Make sure you get some rest and let hubby cater to you...do you have one of those little dinner bells?! :D

Tracy
  • Oh yes, the beer on the wall. I miss those days. Where the heck is Joebob??? I'm managed as long as I'm a good girl with the core exersizes. We'll see how that goes after this, my first muffin baking experience, is complete. It's snowing here now and my hubby doesn't want to let me out of the house for fear I'll take a dive. He's very cute that way.
  • Oh yes. Zach, you are most definitely alumni, you have just as much beer guilt as the rest of us.
  • Tammy! Yeah, see there are still lots of us 'old' timers around - for better or for worse lol

Glad to hear that you are baking a muffin, but only one? We usually bake lots of them :p Anyway, all the best for a very healthy baking, and may a wonderful muffin pop out when the timer rings :)
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

late night chats and then identify those who have fallen asleep at the keyboard during those chats (not that they were not interesting, but that meds took over)
    Try to name the top five people that you meet when you first joined Spine-Health and that they were part of your welcoming committee.

For me, it was:

Virg
    Bruce
    Tammy999
    Still Hopeful
    Dave
    Zach
    JoeBob
    Steveb

and of course ErinMcGinley, but I was way to shy to contact here initially. But once I did, we established a great friendship

Looking back over the years and even now, I realize just how many people on Spine-Health mean a lot to me.
    I am a pretty lucky guy to be in the midst of so many super people.
  • Wow, those names are definately a blast from the past. It's good to see most of the old crew are still popping in every now and then.

Do you all remember the old, old message board that was so difficult to navigate? I know Erin, Virg, Hopey and Bruce were there then. That's when we had the Back Pain Coach stopping in and spreading his cheer. Ah, the good old days.
  • wow, what a list of names! Good to see Steve back - how's are you??!! Has anyone heard from Dave? BPC? Wow! Forgot about him and his garbage. What about digital surgeon? Does he ever come around anymore? Miss Erin terribly! :''( And, where the heck is Joebob? I hope he's not connected to the recent piracy events around the globe? =))

Congrats to Tammy! Proud of you for living life! =D>

Hope everyone is well. I am on a nearly three week break from school and hope to catch some people in chat at some point! Happy Holidays to you all! :H :X
  • Well now Hoppy, it's about darn time you saw this! I think you were most vocal about go do this and I'm so happy I did so thanks to you and to all for the possitive encouragement.

Now Zach, you forgot you never should have named those names. What happens in chat stays in chat of course! ;)

Hopey, now that you mentioned Joebob and recent global events, it ALL makes sense why he is no longer here! He was planning his hostile world takover of the high seas the whole time!

Tammy
  • should I be offended??? I'm about as long of an old timer as most of you on that list....

Here's a few old timers to add to the list
    Leannlvn, waxmom, patricia, backrage...

I remember NO ONE ever used the chat feature of the spine-health site and one night Erin and I tested it out. That was the first time I had ever visited a chat room. My how times have changed!!!

Tammy, keep baking that muffin, and be glad it is only one.

Hugs to everyone!
    CindyS
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Wow, what a great blast from the past! All those ppl, and you ppl, who helped me more than you know, in my first month of 'hell' after my first surgery.

Yes Steve, I remember the old old board (but not very well, ha!). BPC.......err, well he is probably happily forgotten, but nevertheless he used to add some 'colour' (typically red rage from the rest of us).

Don't forget Digital Surgeon too. He is missed by many of us.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Oh, Digital Surgeon is back on the Back Surgery board.
  • Tammy....nothing but well wishes and prayers coming your way my friend.... >:D<
  • Neck of Steel said:
    should I be offended??? I'm about as long of an old timer as most of you on that list....

Here's a few old timers to add to the list
    Leannlvn, waxmom, patricia, backrage...

I remember NO ONE ever used the chat feature of the spine-health site and one night Erin and I tested it out. That was the first time I had ever visited a chat room. My how times have changed!!!

Tammy, keep baking that muffin, and be glad it is only one.

Hugs to everyone!
    CindyS
    I forgot you changed your screen name. I knew Neck of steel was a familiar name, but forgot it was you. You were there in the beginning also. I forgot about Waxmom, Leann, backrage and the others. I hope everyone is doing OK.

Where is Erin? Has anyone heard from her?
  • Congratulations on the bun Tammy. For your sake, I hope its a boy. If not, you'll get one anyway in about 12 to 14 years. That's when they start showing up on the door step.

You folks missed the most popular person in chat, CHEF. I still haven't recovered from the loss of sleep that individual cost me over the holidays last year.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year,

Dave
  • dave said:
    Congratulations on the bun Tammy. For your sake, I hope its a boy. If not, you'll get one anyway in about 12 to 14 years. That's when they start showing up on the door step.

You folks missed the most popular person in chat, CHEF. I still haven't recovered from the loss of sleep that individual cost me over the holidays last year.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year,

Dave
    Good to hear from you Dave. I hope all is well in your world.
  • If anyone is interested, maybe we can get together in chat tonight and catch up on how everyone is doing. I'm thinking maybe 10:00pm EST (7:00pm for you west coasters and for others throughout the world, you're on your own to figure out the time).

Merry Christmas,

Dave
advertisement