Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Fusion Surgery video

Sparky123SSparky123 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Someone started a thread a few weeks ago about a new revolutionary back fusion surgery, I couldn't find the thread, but I found a video about it. I just posted it on Youtube, it first aired on ABC News 11/24/08. Kinda interesting. Out of the hospital after 6 hours!!! Has its limits, only the bottom two vertebrae can use this surgery because they go in below the tail bone.

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks, a very encouraging video if I had to have surgery I probably would like this one. It'll be interesting to see her outcome in a few months. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • to do given the time to explore.
    I used to work as a nurse in a childrens orthopedic hopsital. 90% of our patients came in for Harrington rods to be inserted to fix scoliosis. This was back in 1980. The procedure took 3 YEARS from first surgery through all the tractions,plasters, braces and different beds until they left hospital. (we had a school there)
    in 1995 I was working in a different hospital and we had a patient come in for Harrington rods. Her whole stay was 10 DAYS! not the 3 years it had previously been.
    So there is hope that things get better and more efficient as our Drs learn more.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • Its great that there is a new technique, and may be the way to go for some cases.

I feel that many long term back problems have many other issues to resolve...from scar-ing, arthritis, cracks/breaks, etc.

Get second and third opinions because some docs many not see all the problems and make a bad choice based for you.
    This almost happened to me where a X-stop was suggested not knowing I had PARS defect and other going on.

• because you put your trust in one person, expect them discover the problems and then suggest solutions to fix you.
    My surgeon told me to see someone else and see what they suggested.
    I never did. I was confident in what was happening but occasionally I have a pang of doubt - should I have?

Knowing that 2 docs - 2 different opinions. Medicine is only really as good as the tam you have around you.

Ah well. Crystal ball springs to mind!
advertisement