Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bi-valve brace for lumbar spine

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
:H Hi I'm new to this forum, I have just been seen for a pars defect of the L5, and I am experiencing right leg pain.
My surgeon has sent me to get fitted for a bi-valve brace and it looks very uncomfortable. Has anyone tried one of these? I had a cervical spine corepectomy in 2000 so this is a progressive disease, I really don't understand why my surgeon says to wait till I can't stand the pain to get the surgery. I'm afraid I could lose some use of my leg as a result of waiting. Also I am 57 and the older you get the longer the recovery. I would appreciate any advice you all have.
N2Waterdogs
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are facing surgery as an issue. ~X( please ask all of your questions and do your homework before saying yes! a second opinion is also invaluable, especially when you have some doubts. many forums members can attest to that. =D> please make yourself at home and have a look around the different forums. You might be interested in the "Back and Neck" surgery forum. there are some good reads in the "Good News" forum on successful SH surgeries. good luck as you seek pain treatments! Jenny :)
  • I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. The only thing that I can think of that would make sense to wait until you can't take the pain any more is if he is talking about a fusion it will put more pressure on the discs above the fusion and eventually cause a domino effect so you want to hold out as long as possible. Sometimes surgery can actually cause more pain than was experienced before the surgery. I wish you much luck and please keep us posted.