Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pregnancy issues post surgery.

michellemmichelle Posts: 198
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
well not sure what to ask because i am just numb at this point. How many of you gals have had a successful pregnancy post back surgery with adr or fusion. I am adr l4-5 and take alot of medications that are contradicted for pregnancy due to birth defects. my docs are all doing a pow wow to see if i can successfully carry and what drugs i can take for pain ( aka narcotics) No prob i will wait until they tell me what to do. The troubling thing i don't like is that all the docs seriously asked if i would consider adopting as the condition of pregnancy itself may not be feasable . I always said i would like to adopt but i am surprised at myself at the emotions i have at the potential of not able to carry. this bothers me but still new so we will see. I am 32 so i have a little while . just your thoughts . they are looking at going off of all my nerve meds etc and going back on the hard stuff. I need my brain for school as well so that is added to the pot. any info i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.
chelle #:S
advertisement

Comments

• ..when that same thing becomes a reality it is almost always surprising how different we feel.I'm referring to how surprised you were at your emotions regarding adoption.

Is it the carrying of the baby itself,the meds you would be taking,or the delivery that would be the reason the Drs mentioned adoption..or all of the above?If it's the meds could you wean off of all meds and suffer with the pain for 9-10 months?If it is the delivery you could have a C-section.

I have a son who is mentally challenged-not from any medications that I took during pregnancy,as I was not on meds at the time-and though I wouldn't want to change him in any way,that was not always the case.It was very hard and took me a long time to accept the fact that my son was anything less than perfect.Of course I know now that he is perfect just as he is♥,but in all honesty,if I knew what caused him to be different I would have moved heaven and earth to do what I could to make things right.It is my personal opinion that anything that could knowingly cause the baby harm would not be a good idea.

It's great that you have the time to think about this and are wise enough to take the time to do so.I wish you the very best of luck in whatever you decide.