Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Week 48

stockbrokersstockbroker Posts: 464
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Its past 10:30AM and still Benji is leaving it up to me to begin the week's weigh-in. I guess I have good news. I weigh 165 which means I've gained less than 1 pound and I have really been eating without regard to calories. Friday night I went out for dinner with a female co-worker and I had the most yummy butternut squash stuffed ravioli with a sage butter sauce--talk about rich. Plus I had two glasses of wine. Then last night I ate pizza and ice cream so I'm happy I didn't gain a bunch. Its been a really, really bad week for me if any of you have read my posts. Now, I'm going to cut down my Christmas tree. Susan.
advertisement

Comments

• No change from last week, and 7 weeks out from my surgery, with 9 lbs to lose. Need to step it up. Literally!

Susan, that ravioli sounds yummy. ;))

-Melissa
  • im sure no will mind,ive lost a pound so i guess thats good news though 2 pounds would have been better lol,hubby is away with work and i find it easier not to eat junk food,now breat thats a different matter,i gues ma and bread are soul mates lol
  • stockbroker it might show up next week,i always find thats what happens to me
  • I needed that, after all I've been through. Where's my support group???? But you may very well be right. It was, after all the very end of the week that I was bad. Oh, heck with it. I have long been bemoaning the fact that I don't have enough female friends so it was fun to be out with a girl friend. It was a really good restaurant and we were silly and we laughed and had a good time. that's got to be worth some calories, don't you think? Aimless, I think your surgery is going to be one gigantic success. You have such a positive attitude. You are doing everything you can think of to make sure things go well. One thing I did (my surgery wasn't successful but I did fuse if that's what you're having done) I made a point of drinking milk, hence increasing my calcium. I had a broken
    bone in my foot that never healed right and when I asked the surgeon if it would be a good idea to drink milk and thereby increase my calcium intake, he agreed it would. BUT I hate skim milk so I indulged with whole milk. (And I blamed the steroids for my post surgical weight gain.) On second thought, Aimless, maybe you better disregard any advice from me. Susan.
  • :) benji, good for you! <:P you have started the cycle of weight loss again. lots of luck this week staying away from the bread!!! i stayed the same so i am at 150#. i lost that weight finally i put on in a week!! now if i can start going down from here i will feel i am on my way again. Aimless, you must look so good anyway! =D> i know you want to take those last few pounds off but don't think about it to much and it will happen. stick with what you know works and you will see results this week. stockbroker, no loss for you this week so put that behind you and plunge full speed ahead. if you know you were off your food plan, then you knew what to expect. :? good luck this week! Jenny :)
  • i have always given people support here,i was simply giving you alittle advise,that sometimes when i think i ve got away without putting weight on it creeps up the next week, Just think its abit below the belt stating wheres my support group????when i ve been given sopport here for nearly a year
  • this week,ive been busy getting things for christmas,isn t christmas hard work for us women? i think the men get it easy lol,haven t been too bad on the diet front,hubby is still away so its been easier,mind a did have a jam scone yesterday,but we were at a new coffee shop so had to try it for testing lol
  • Geez. Guys. Lighten up. If you haven't gotten to know me by now---- I have a good sense of humor and like to tease. (I grew up with brothers). It never ocurred to me that anyone would actually believe that I literally was complaining that I didn't get any support. You all have been great. That's why I come here. As I recall, you even talked me into staying when I was ready to quit. Do I need to rely on the ever-present LOL each time I'm being funny? Now I'm the one who's feelings are hurt and I would feel as though I were walking on eggs each time I posted for fear some remark I made would be taken wrong. Be advised that if I did, indeed, have a problem such as not getting enough support, I would address it in a grown-up, intelligent way and not in a one word remark that would be intended to hurt someone's feelings and I'm assuming everyone else here would behave similarly. We all suffer from chronic pain and therefore have a tendency to be overly sensitive from time to time. Last Sunday morning, I was in a really good mood, having had some actual fun for a change -- that was the mood with which I wrote the post. It was so-o-o far above the belt, it seemed to have gone right over your heads. Susan.
  • I don't know about the rest of you but between work, holiday shopping, traveling to see my family soon and thinking about upcoming surgery, I'm a little ball of stress!

I ate french fries on Tuesday.

Otherwise I have been fairly well behaved, although not getting enough exercise (and not getting my holiday shopping done). Ah, well... 2 more weekends, right? Walking a mall is exercise, right?

Susan, good point re: milk. I am lactose intolerant but I keep Lactaid milk on hand for my cereal, and take calcium / vitamin d pills daily (I swear they help lessen the frequency of leg cramps). But for my fusion surgery, jeez, I don't know why I didn't think of it! Adding it to my little book...
  • :) weigh in tomorrow! <:P hope everyone is not stressing out! ~X( remember, it is the holidays and we have extra food challenges, stress and probably extra pain from all the holiday activities and bad weather. let's all be easy on ourselves this week and take checking in with a grain of salt. :? good luck everyone! Jenny :)
  • :> i felt the same way. [( i even looked back over the old posts and saw plenty of support there. anyway, a low blow is a low blow and to go unanswered is the fault of noone. Jenny :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.