Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Surgery 12/4

NuttinbutthreadsNNuttinbutthreads Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
On 12/4 I had a revision of my TLIF l5-s1 to remove excess bone from the bmp material used in the first surgery in addition to removal of the hardware used and decompressing the nerves.

Questions I have:

Should my incision have been as large as the first one?

He was going to let me be discharged without any medication. "The kadian supplied by your pain management should be enough." I disagreed with him. As the two days after the surgery I was put on the kadian 60 mg x 2 with Valium to help for muscle spasms and Dialughten (spelling) for breakthrough pain.

From the beginning I felt they were not going to help with the pain and I was right, and expressed it. So the "Senior Partner" of the surgical group who was on rounds the day I left was such a swell guy to give me 10 percocets to cover just in case. He seemed very annoyed that I would even asked for a pain medication. I am in a lot of pain, and very very mad about being left high and dry to deal with my pain.

I am interested to hear from others who've had similar procedures and if I'm unreasonable...

The drain that the Senior Partner removed left made a nice mess of my fathers new car's front seat as he didn't put enough bandage on the wound.

I have to stop now, I'm getting too upset.

I need to hear from those who've experienced similar situations as it seems my significant other doesn't understand fully, not that she doesn't agree. She remembers the TLIF operation very well and all of the meds sent home with that one.

Am i wrong?
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Nuttin,

I had a PLIF on Thursday (12/4) and came home today with scripts for Percocet and Flexeril (to relax muscles). I'm to take 2 Percocet pills every 4 hours and 1 pill of the Flexeril every 8 hours. These two meds alone are working fine to control my pain. I'm not sure the dilaudan did much anyway.

I would keep on the doc until you have sufficient pain relief. I had to consistently remind the staff to give me my meds. In fact, I pretty much had to remind them of several things during my stay. I'm just thrilled to be home.

Good luck in finding some relief. I find that if I do very little, then I have very little pain. So needless to say, I'm doing very litle :)