Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kinda fell after fusion, more pain now

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey all,

I am one and half weeks post-op C5-C6 Fusion with plate and screws. I am wearing a hard collar. I also had some ligament damage and a few bone spurs they removed.
Now the problem; I opened the door on the house Saturday to let friends in and the little dog ran between my legs to run out the door. Well, I bent over real fast at the waist to catch him and the momentum carrying my head past when I stopped hurt like hell. It was hard to stand back up. Now, a few of my pre-op symptoms are back and one main one being difficulty swallowing and a new one of major pain in the fusion area and all over my right side of back and the front of my right leg. Should I have no concern thinking maybe it was a sudden fast movement and stop and just irritated the area or what? Could the bone chunk have moved?
Any thoughts, ideas or help would be great! =D>

Thanks,
-rob
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya >:D< Welcome to Spine Health :D I hope you enjoy this site as we do ;) , for support and information on all sorts of topics :) Personally i dont have the same problems that you have :? , but there are others here who have, and they will be along to advise you if they can :) . Check out the chat room on here, we are just one big happy family. Welcome
    Message me anytime you want to :)

Angie :H
  • A call to the surgeon wouldn't be out of bounds in this situation. Anytime you have new symptoms or your symptoms get worse, for any reason, you should call and let them know. It probably is just inflammation from the sudden movement but I'm no doc.

Next time, holler for someone else to catch the dog! The lessons we learn, eh?

Hope you get to feeling better,
    Griff
  • its probably just inflammation but you should call your surgeon they may want to check you out to make sure. the littliest thing can hurt a lot at that point after surgery. good lucky.
  • tammyc said:
    its probably just inflammation but you should call your surgeon they may want to check you out to make sure. the littliest thing can hurt a lot at that point after surgery. good lucky.
    Just some swelling was all thank God. I also had my x-rays done and bone growth was looking good so I was allowed to start working out of the the hard collar two hours a day and adding two more each day and sleeping in a soft collar. Things have never been better. It's amazing the pain you can deal with and then when and if you start getting better after surgey your like, oh, this it what it was like before all this happened 16 months ago! See ya, Rob
advertisement