Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sudden nausea queston for chantix users

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Stop Smoking
Hi,
I wanted to start a new thread on this as the other one seems to have died off a bit.

Just a quick question. I know alot of people have gotten nausea from this medication. I did not. The first 2 days a bit but nothing major.
Now for those that have gone through the whole program. Do you get to that point you go to smoke a cig and all the sudden you feel like your going to toss all your cookies??? :sick: :sick: I mean it came on fast!!!!! I'v been on 3wks now. Less and less every week on smoking. But this morning. I took my meds. Got my coffee. Got settled on the couch. Lit one almost finished and had the urge to run to the bathroom. Its subsiding a bit.
Anyways did anyone get to this point and it made them stop a.s.a.p. due to the feeling. And is that actually what this med is supposed to do?? It really does not explain that in the brochure. Like I mean you get to a certain day and all the sudden your like yuck this is so gross :sick: #o

I know after a week my husband could not stand the smell of them he wanted to hurl.

I mean I will know when I have my second which will probably be in 2 hrs. I try to go further in hours inbetween. If its just from my belly sugery on the 24th I will know that to. It will give me my answer.
But man I have not felt like that in a long time since I was wheeled out of the hospital and someone had just smoked. WHEW.

All comments welcome!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I've been on Chantix only one week and had noticed in the last couple of days some mild nausea feeling when smoking. I talked to my doctor before I took Chantix and he stated the drug does work with the brain in making smoking somewhat displeasurable. The drug tricks the brain by blocking the urges and desire we normally get when we want a cigarette and blocks the results of nicotine addiction. In other words, the drug kind of makes smoking discusting and provides some nausea for a final effect.
  • HI Terri and Wally. I quit in June with Chantix. I didn't start feeling nausea until over a month after I quit. Every one is different though.

Good luck to you both!!!
  • Anytime after the first 2 days of taking it she felt very nauseated if she even tried to smoke.
  • Tried taking Chantix twice and couldn't get past the nausea that was awful. I tried forcing myself, but the nausea was just to intense and found no way around it and had to quit taking it.
  • I took that for about 2 weeks and found out that I had bad allergys to that product. I was sick, had hives and than had lumps form on the back of my neck. I'm not saying it will happen to you but please be safe and watch your self when you take this. My husband took this on the other hand and had no problems.
advertisement