Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Continued Knee Pain

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
About 2 weeks ago, I started having pain behind my left knee. I called my docs office and they told me to increase the neurotin. So now I'm taking 900 mg. total. Well, the knee is still hurting. Talked to my doc's office and they are sending me for an MRI on my knee. Since I have a $5,000 deductible, that will have to come out of my pocket (new insurance eff. 9/1), I'm worried that this will be a waste of money. Am I making any sense at all?
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry you are still having this pain. I had hoped that it would be gone.
    As you know pain behind the knee can be sciatica, from your knee itself or possibly from your hip.
    Is there any other less expensive test that can be done first before an MRI on the knee or can they do an MRI on your surgery site at the same time so at least that wont need to be done later if the knee is fine (hope I am making sense here)
    Which Dr ordered the MRI was it your surgeon or your local Dr? and what about a plain old x-ray on your knee? What is the Dr looking for in the MRI?

Sorry to ask so many questions but it is a bit and expensive step to take so as you said you want to make sure you really need it first.

Blessings and hugs Sara O:)
  • Do they charge more if they do the knee and spine at the same time? Wish I knew! I have no idea what he's looking for on the knee. This is my surgeon, by the way. I'm thinking it's more sciatica pain rather than pain from the knee itself. I will have to talk to his office more when they call back with a scheduled time. Thanks, Sara!