Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

worker comp

derfdderf Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
just wanted to know if anyone has fough worker compand WON . if you have please let me know what i'm in for and how long will it will last and what i'm in for how long will they contiyou to fight PLEASE let me know. thanks for anwser
advertisement

Comments

• I am currently on WC myself but I am sorry that I do not have advice for you right now. They have tried a few things on me also but still no definite answers. If you are having problems I suggest you find a good WC lawyer. They can answer any and all questions you may have.

Keep us updated!!
  • A lot depends on what state you are in. I was able to handle my entire claim all the way through the settlement without a lawyer.

First thing to do is become familiar with the law in your state. You should have a workers ombudsman at the Department of Labor within your state government. Call them and start asking questions. They can't represent you in court, but they can give you advice about how the law is written.

If you're in Kentucky, I can give you more specifics.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • I am on work comp in upstate ny. It has been horrible in all honesty. I sometimes just want to give up on my case :T :T .

I keep hearing that I should have a case manager?! I never had one. I only have a lawyer?
  • HeidiLynnM said:
    I am on work comp in upstate ny. It has been horrible in all honesty. I sometimes just want to give up on my case :T :T .

I keep hearing that I should have a case manager?! I never had one. I only have a lawyer?

Your case manager should be with the workers compensation company. Call them and ask who it is. Also, stay on your lawyer. Sometimes they get complacent and let the cases continue on and on.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • I'm stuck in the system as well out here in NV. best thing i've done so far is I got a lawyer. He has been extremely helpful in getting my surgery pushed through all the bull they were/are slinging. Keep very good track of all your wages from both the job you got hurt at and any other legit job that you have since (at least out here) they add on to what they have to pay you.
  • I have been injured at work a few times..this year I finally needed surgery. I have to say I really haven't had any major problems with them. Once I found out who the rep was handling my case, I spoke directly to her and things were approved fast. I also have an attorney, but haven't needed them to help with approvals. I also receive full pay (for 100 days) from my employer, so I haven't had to deal with payments.
    I think it would help if you find out the name of the person handling your case and also get an attorney. Don't give up...
    Donna
  • Just so you know once you sign up with a lawyer you personaly will not have any one on one conversations with your W/C company, the cmpany wants it that way and your lawyer will want it that way. I kind of liked it actually, it was a pain in the butt dealing with them.
  • I see now about the case manager thing. My lawyer did tell me just to deal with him alone. Thanks for the input ;) .
    I, on the other hand is one of those horrible cases that keeps getting appealed. I have never gotten a weekly pay check from them. UGH :T :T
  • if your company is self insured you may have to deal with them for certain non claim related issues for instance modified duty assignments etc... I'm stuck with it that way and there's nothing (we've tried) the lawyers can do about. My lawyer and I make sure if I have to deal with my case manager that he is available and waiting for a phone call and I ALWAYS have my cell phone out and ready with his number on speed dial. one hint of talking about the claim and its a three way WC hates hehe.
  • I wasn't supposed to speak with the case manager directly. I bet I forgot when my attorney told me..oh, well. I know now!
    They approved my surgery very quickly though. My attorney is dealing with them now to establish a case with my shoulder; which "surfaced" in PT for my neck. I never would have known that was legal..that is why it is helpful to have an attorney. Good luck.
  • Derf sorry to hear there giving you the run around I was civil service and hurt on the job with witnesses and the post dr. but the big guns in DC they had my case 6 months and they was trying to decide if I was injured on the job.I at that point spoke to my congressman and I swear he made a phone call and I recieved comp for last 6 months and they havent left me at this point.I do know that federal comp is for life they told they will always be watching me and state comp pays you up for 6 months and good by thats in the state Va. I dont give points to our goverment but in this case the congressman actually helped and it helped it was in voting time for him thats always a good thing. good luck Derf always praying for you guy. ;)
advertisement