Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My husband was hurt badly a few nights ago in a car

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
accident. We are thankful that he is alive, but he is getting ready to have surgery and I will be caring for him with the help of a home health nurse and such..I am here to learn how to help him and get support from other members.

I feel very concerned.
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident and I hope he comes out of this okay. Did he injure his back when this happened? Please keep us posted, and we welcome you here to SH. I wish it could have been under different circumstance and we are happy to provide you and your husband moral support at this time of need.
  • he has injured his back. He will have surgery to fuse his thoratic vertebrae.
  • I hope he has a successful surgery and recovery. It will take time, but I know things will get better. Take care >:D<
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you certainly have alot going on and quickly. ~X( i hope you gain the extra strength you need through some of us here. your husband is so fortunate to have you there for him. check out the "Back and Neck" surgery forum for ideas on what you will need after he comes home. :? having a home health nurse is going to be a big help to you. please make yourself at home and be sure to drop by anytime you feel the need to chat or have questions. good luck on your husband's future. Jenny :)
  • he was seriously injured. I hope he does well in surgery. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find some comfort and support here.

( ( HUGS ) )

Cheri
  • I hope things go well for your husband. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am also sorry to hear of the accident. You will find lots of support here. Please keep us posted.
  • I am sorry to hear about your husband :( .

I hope that things get worked out and fixed!!! There is a lot of info here, very nice people too >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • You guys rock.

I'm back from the hospital after meeting with the surgeons again, very respected surgeons and they feel that he is not a candidate for surgery after all....I am praying that he heals without it...

They are trying to see how well he does so he can come home and try to heal...
  • I wish him and you luck. Please keep us posted on his progress.
  • they are just unable to operate on him at this point because the risks are too high. He is in a lot of pain and I am nervous about all of this.

I'm fixing to read these forums voraciously.

• :) hi! :H there are alot of options when it comes to conservative treatment. your husband will need a good pain management doctor. :? i am sure rest and medication will be your first course since he had the accident. I) perhaps pt and exercise next. your doctor will be able to lead you on the right path. be sure and check out the "Chronic Pain" forum and even "Alternative Treatments." check the top of the forum under "Treatments" and "Wellness" for more ideas. good luck as you travel the pain maze. =D> i hope your husband finds pain relief soon. Jenny :)
  • Thank you for the road map and the emoticons. They are cheery in a spot of gray here. I will use your tips. Thank you,

I feel hugged!

advertisement