Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tuesday's are good for ranting

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Since I cannot drive at this time and am recovering from a two level fusion, I have been ordering Christmas gifts online. I like this because there are no lines, no standing around forever, etc. My husband and I both shopped online. I also ordered a walking cane and a C shaped table to go under the couch or bed as my TV trays just don't hold much.

Anyway, some of the items were due for delivery today. My cane, the table, and something the hubby ordered. The delivery driver for the brown company left the package on my back porch and did not ring the bell.This was a small package but I don't know if it is valuable or not and I had to kick it into the house. The delivery driver for the competition walked right past the window where I am visible and dropped my cane on the porch. This was another small package but I can't bend so again I had to kick it over the doorjamb and over to the couch where I could lay down and pick it up. And finally, the delivery driver for the table parked his truck, turned off the ignition. I thought great, maybe I will have time to catch him before he rings the bell so I don't have to try and pick up this heavy package.
Nope! Once again he walked right past the HUGE plate glass window where I am clearly visible, and drops the box on the porch.Again, not even ringing the bell. ARGH!%^&%@!(%#^!^&#&!!!!

I had to try and wiggle this thing into position and flip it over with my feet to get it in the door.

Whatever happened to customer service?
advertisement

Comments

• My brown truck delivery guy is so lazy. He drops the package off at the steps. He doesn't even walk to extra couple of feet to put the package in my enclosed part of the porch so that at least it's protected from the weather. So I know how you feel trying to kick the thing to the door not knowing if it's fragile or not.

I love shopping online. Way less pain and no driving around trying to find a close spot to park.

I mentioned buying a cane to my husband and he laughed at me and told me I don't need a cane. I explained how my legs are getting weak and I lose my balance a lot easier now and I've fallen and hurt myself a couple of times plus there is ice now. He just doesn't understand.
  • Where have all the brains gone. I know they are rushing and all, but that's just laziness. They don't want to take the time to even ring the bell. I sure wouldn't want them to throw my stuff on the porch for someone to steal them. Yeah, I'd be seeing red and mumbling profanities. Please be real careful with the boxes. It doesn't take much to reinjure yourself this early in the recovery. Take care
  • My goodness, if you've fallen, then by all means get yourself a cane and have it handy the next time your hubby laughs at you }:) Faliing with our backs all screwed up can only make things worse.

Take Care, and find a really cool cane with something you like for the handle. Hy husband would love to get me one with a dradgon head on it; but I don't need a cane :D

Take care
    Shelley
  • LOL, I know what you mean about that darn brown truck. I have gotten pretty good at using my grabber and foot to manipulate the packages up my leg till I can grab it with my hand. If I hear them coming down the street I tend to get up and try to catch them, between me and my brother someone is always waiting for something.
  • If you want I can PM you the name of the company that I purchased my from online. They have a great selection and the pricing is not bad. There was one with hand painted orchids that I wanted but it only held 180lbs. =)) Yeah right. I am 5 foot 10 and 215. I found another one though that folds, has a gorgeous handle, and holds up to 550lbs. I think I am safe there. They also have ice canes, with a sort of pic like thing at the end.

I am using a walker and am not quite ready for the cane. I want to be able to get myself out of a chair without the walker before I let it go.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Everytime I hear a big engine coming down the road I tense up. :S I got so mad I had to do something with that energy, so my dumb@ss decided to put that table together. 8} I figured as long as I can do it without stretching my no BLT's too far I will be alright. Shaaaaa, unn ahh! :T I don't think so. I am hurting now. #o D@mn delivery boys. They weren't even cute either! :B

One Love,

Stephanie
  • if you could PM that cain site that would be great. Yes, it may be a little easier to deal if they were cute.
advertisement