Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Am I crazy?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone! I just saw my back doctor today for my MRI results, and this prompted me to do some internet research. And this is how I found this site. You all seem like a great group of supportive people. I read through several posts and...uh...back resume's. I feel like a whiner now. I think I included all my symptoms and diagnoses in my signature line. I've had no back surgery and don't need it right now, as far as I know, so I applaud all the troopers out there. I am frustrated b/c there is no definitive reason I am in chronic pain. I am 37, but I feel like 80! I will post again in the appropriate forum, but I just want to say hi and best wishes to everyone!
advertisement

Comments

• HELLO AND WELCOME,

YOU are not crazy honey!! I been there too and still am. I have all these symptoms and i do have results on mri's and the doctors think my pain is more stress and muscle spasms.

I had 3 MRI'S i dont understand why doctors dont understand our pain. It really upsets me. I had an mri in august with severe nerve blockage c7-&c-8 from a bone spur and ruptured extruded disc, the nuero was ready to do surgery but since it was 4 months since last mri i had to get a new one to compare.

All it says is the extruded piece of disc is healing and absorbing. and they said its normal [the nuero doc] even though it says herniation still at this that level, i had chronic low back pain for 5 yrs now my neck is new.

so i know the feeling they say everyone has low back pain.[whatever] doctors!!! well i also have wierd pain and numbness too but i also get sciatica and its not always down the back either.

My worst pain is in between the hip joint in the lower back like you describe more arthritic type i even feel grinding when i move or turn the wrong way, I think its called the sacroliotic joint and they still never check it no matter how much i complain.

Dont give up you will get the ansers even if you look your self and keep asking and telling the doctor until you get an answer.

BTW I AM IN NO WAY INVOLVED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD THIS FORUM IS FOR ADVICE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY.

THANKS, AND WELCOME [FEEL BETTER]

DAWN
  • Your pain is just as valid as anyones here. You have come to the right place for support and understanding. We all know how frustrating it can be just to get a diagnosis much less proper treatment. Please never feel like you are whining here. We are here to listen and support each other and never consider anyone to be a whiner. Please keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it can be very frustrating to come away with no definite diagnosis. ~X( pain is pain and you know it is there. perhaps tryinog some conservative treatments would help you. a pm doctor could help you with this. i would also talk to him about using a nerve pain medication for your leg pain. they have made a big difference in my life. =D> good luck as you search for pain relief. Jenny :)