Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really annoying upper back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hey Everybody,

For the past 6 months I have been experiencing really bad pains in my upper back, between my left shoulder blade and spine. It feels like there is almost a "bubble" where the pain persists. I have went to a chiropractor many times and still it has not helped at all. I am only 16 years old, and it's getting to a point where it's effecting me during school. I can stretch my neck and that usually temporarily relieves the pain, but then within 10 minutes it comes back.

I do not have pain that shoots down my arms what-so-ever. But the pain that I experience starts at this "bubble" between my left shoulder blade and my spine and sometimes goes all the way up to my neck. I have no idea what is wrong and I haven't injured myself in a long time so I do not think that it is an issue. Pain relievers such as tylenol, advil, and excedrin do not even touch the pain and I almost am taking them constantly every day to make the pain decrease.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments, and they are well appreciated!

advertisement

Comments

• Have you tried going to physiotherapy? It sounds like you have a major "trigger point" there'; it presents as a persistent lump, and often takes a fair bit of manual therapy to get rid of it. If it carries on, trigger point injections by a doctor can often help, too.

Out of curiosity, so you hold your phone/cell phone with your left hand? I just got myself a headset, which has decreased that pain by about 75%.

Good luck, and keep us posted. If it IS a spasm or trigger point, you may find it doesn't get better until someone works on it.

Tracy