Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I love my new toilet/washlet!

reptilesrreptiles Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Good News
Greetings,

Not sure if this is the right place to talk about such things with virtual strangers, yet somehow I suspect other might have an interest in this.

I am a very independent person with a work accident that left me with lots of back pain and decreased mobility issues.

Anyway, I just bought a gadget called a "Washlet" made by Toto (Japanese company with distributors in most countries).

It is a technological marvel that replaces a typical toilet seat and provides a type of bidet function. It makes it easy to maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.

It is especially useful for me, as I have a great difficulty leaning and twisting to wipe myself on the toilet, because of my lumbar injuries.

The Washlet bolts to the toliet like a seat and just plugs into a grounded GFI outlet and hooks up to the existing cold water supply behind the toilet.

It has a built in, on-demand water heater, seat warmer, fan/deodorizer, variable pressure water output, and even a warm-air dryer to finish up.

The fountain head is on a little robotic arm and cleans itself before and after each use.

I've always been interested in these since I visited Japan a decade ago, but never could justify the price.

A couple weeks ago I saw one "brand new in box -- unused wedding gift" and was lucky enough to win it at just a mere fraction of its regular price. Probably because most people never heard of these things ;)

Oh, did I mention it has a freaking remote control?

This is the best thing I bought all year. If you're in the same boat as me, definitely check them out.

A search for "Toto Washlet" should start you off.

Cheers,

Reptiles

advertisement

Comments

• I have also researched these. You are right, I am sure that many of us would benefit from one. The price is a huge consideration though. If you happen to see another online auction on one, please let me know. Thanks.
  • Yes, I was lucky to see one on eBay, cheap.

I wonder if any insurance would cover these for people in need, if their doctor wrote a script?

Regards,

R
  • I saw many online ebay and they're quite expensive. I saw a real cheap one but i asked if the water was heating before the cleansing and he said no. Yikes I don't think bum etc. would be happy with a cold spray. I hope you enjoy it. Of course I want one too. haha. Looks good. Is your model the c100? That one doesn't have the message spray does it? But still a grat cleanser. Good idea if insurance covers it. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry,

Thanks for your reply and forgive my delay in replying.

I have the S300. Like all products the S300 is constantly being improved by the manufacturer. However there are two basically different generations of the Toto S300 being sold. A new generation under current manufacture and an older generation being sold out of distribution inventory. Both generation work and do the basic job but the new one is greatly improved and preferred. This information applies to both round and elongated seats.

The S300 new generation can be identified by an additional dark window located toward the center of the unit above the closed seat. The older version has only the window located to the left of the seat, in the corner, when the seat is closed. There are other visual difference between the two but that is the one that predominates. The new S300 looks like the S400 visually but does not have the seat open and close capability and does not require a TOTO toilet to be used.

There is no easy serial number identification to tell the difference between the old and new versions of the S300, but if the serial number begins with a 7 it is a new generation unit, If it begins with a 6 or less it might be an older unit. The best way to tell is with a visual conformation before you buy.

The improvements of the new version over the old are as follows:

1. The old version would have occasional trouble identifying when someone was seated. It was sensitive to the persons positioning on the seat and the clothing being worn. This would prevent the unit from operating or if the person shifted during operation the unit would stop.. The new version works perfectly and always registers a seated individual correctly.

2. On the new version the docking station bracket have been reinforced with stainless steel edges to prevent the bracket from damage and excessive wear due to twisting on the seat.

3. On the new version, lid and seat have been redesigned to be stronger, more hygienic and easier to replace..

4. The internal pluming has been modified to be less sensitive to hard water build up.

5. The drying cycle on the old unit stays on for an indefinite period of time if a person gets up from the seat and forgets to turn off the dryer. The new one shuts off quickly after the seat is vacated, saving energy.

6. The wireless controller on the new version is smaller and more ergonomic and has a larger display. Although some of the new units come with the older wireless unit which works as well.
    7. The cleaning booster pump on the new version is more powerful.

Both units sell for between $450 and $650 discounted on Ebay and through wholesale distributors. List price is $1250 or more ? Haven't checked lately.

I am unaware of Rx requirements but it couldn't hurt to ask.

All the best!
advertisement