Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trip to Walmart - What happened to people's manners?!

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
I just got back from a trip to Walmart X( I get stressed just thinking about going to this place. We drove around for about 15 minutes before we were able to find a handicap spot not even close to the store X( X( Now my irritation level is increasing. I went with my dad who is in a wheelchair and can't walk so I have to help him along with dealing with my own back pain issues. I can not beleive how RUDE people are ~X( It took my father and I longer than other's liked to cross the rode so some jack @ss drove right out in front of us :W I wish I had something to throw at this jerk! image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> I can't beleive all the people who are impatient and couldn't wait for my dad to manuever around in his wheelchair so they give us dirty looks, cut in front of us and are just obnoxious. By looking at me you wouldn't know how much pain I am in because I don't have a cane or wheelchair but it is obvious that my dad needed some common courtesy. Then at the check out line, the lady seemed as if she was being held against her will to do this job and it was our fault. Where did the customer service go. It was even worse at the drive thru at Taco Bell. That lady was nasty too. X( ~X(

Tis the Season to leave your manner's in your vehicle while shopping.

Thank you for listening to me complain and have a Merry Christmas. :D :*
advertisement

Comments

• Michelle,

That's why I do almost 98% of my holiday shopping online. Shipping and handling is worth not having to be knee deep in the "jolly" Christmas crowd. I swear, if Santa could really see these people he would poop down their chimneys.

Sorry you were treated like that but I swear there are no manners or people who can just be courteous anymore. It's mostly the younger generation I have noticd. I love saying "and YOU have a nice day" when people are chitty with me..... and continue to smile..... jerks.

Anyway, I'm glad you are home and no one got hurt!! LOL

Hugs,

Amy
  • It was actually the older ones today that were rude. They were around middle age (I hope I do not offend anyone out there). I was appalled. I did throw so pretty nasty dirty looks right back at some people. When you say excuse me to people, they look at you like you are speaking a different language. If my daughter wasn't with me I would have said get the F@@@ out of my way!! I think I would've gotten a better response. =))
  • =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Amy :))(
  • :) Ming, remember, never take yourself down to the level those people were on. you showed yourself to be the kinder, gentler human being you are. this is a great place to take out those "hostilities" and then go face the crowd again. 'tis the season to be jolly and that may include only you!! Happy shopping! Jenny :)
  • That really reminds me to appreciate the small town that we moved to 3 years ago. The large coastal city that we lived in for 30 years was exactly what you describe. Rude people, people working with the public that hated their job and it was your fault that they were there! It truly is nothing like that in the small town where I live now. The very first thing that I noticed was how polite the cashiers and fast food workers were. Of course my son says that is because this town is so small that these people are happy just to have a job. lol But, it really is a big difference in attitudes when you get away from the hustle and bustle. Even now during the holidays people are still just as pleasant. Maybe because the lifestyle is not so fast paced and people are not as stressed.?

• I have lost faith in humanity this season, just because the world has gone haywire for a moment is NOT a reason to lose manners.Thats all I can say for now :W
  • I had an issue with the store here that they would hardly provide carry out. I would ask the cashier for one, and I'd get looked at like "why should you need one?" and then I would be stuck waiting 10-15 minutes until someone would begrudgingly come along. Or no one showed up at all sometimes. I called the store manager when I got home and complained. It has improved somewhat, but it's not the best. I'm sure it's crazy right now with the holidays.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    can bring out the Best in so many people and the
    Worst for so many people.
    For some the holiday season is a time for friends, families, honoring one's religious believes, and for others it is a time of misery an despair.
    We all haven't traveled the paths that people have taken to make them behave certain ways during holiday seasons, so I try to let be what will be.
    I do try to be even a bit more understand at this time of year.

However, there are clear cut situations, where no matter if you are happy or sad it does not excuse someone from general consideration of others and common courtesy.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I too live in a small town where everyone knows your name, like Cheer's =)) The prices are higher but the service is so much better. It seems that since the economy has taken a crap that we could at least do the one thing that the stock market can't take away from us and that's smiling, using our manners and common courtesy. I could have the worst day in the world but I always know it's not other's faults and wouldn't take it out on people who had no control over my situation when I worked in customer service. It is nice to come on here and vent to feel better, I just hope you don't think I am a constant complainer :? I really try to be a good person.
  • that most of us can see that you are a good person. That experience would not have bothered you so much if you were not. Vent all you need to.
  • Although I'm Southern and a female so that helps...Guys hold open doors and let me in traffic! :D

BUT I HATE GOING TO WAL-MART! There's only one in this town and I refuse to go...Everyone runs over you with their basket and no one says excuse me anymore! By the time I leave, I'm so angry I could throw something! But it's so ingrained in me to say excuse me that I always do, even if it's sarcastically on occasion! O:) The workers are terrible too, they're so busy talking to each other I'd be surprised to get a hello. But I usually let the elderly go in front of me and smile at people with visible handicaps...And other people as well.

'Tis the season to be jerkwads! Sorry about your experience Ming! >:D<
  • Glad to see that you made it back.
  • ad service too well.Most of my working life has been in the customer service and later customer relations. Well, if the workers are not up to par, then that points a finger toward lax managment. I have a little advantage though, i am a big guy, and whn i look unhappy, people tend to notice. Dont put up with bad service, do report it,and remember if your getting the poo end of the stick, a lot of others are too,and it eventually closes a store, just remind the upper managment there are other stores to shop.
    Ime sorry for the bad treatment.
  • I understand completely! I used to work troubleshooting modems for Comcast by the phone so people used to start cursing at me the minute I answered the phone! So I always try to be nice to those working in customer service. After all, it wasn't my fault the tech, or whatever wasn't or didn't do what they were supposed to! But I could usually calm them down, they loved me, I just hated the job with the purplest passion I could imagine! The thought of going back there gives me nightmares!

But this reminds me of a time my mom went to Lowe's and paid for a bunch of stuff...Had to park her car in the loading zone and get people to load up the stuff for her, it was heavy, etc. And my mom had back surgery and a handicapped sign. Well the woman loading up the stuff looked at her and had \THE NERVE TO SAY, "Well, you could help!!!"!!!! X( X( X(
    She told them that unless they wanted to pay for another back surgery they could damned well do their jobs! I would have reported her to the manager!! Needless to say she was good and mad and so was I at the treatment received. I mean, HELLO, you don't go to work at Lowe's unless you have the ability to lift large amounts of weight! I swear, some people should not be allowed to procreate!!!

P.S. Hi painintheback! Good to see you!
  • I thought of this thread when this lovely incident occured. Chivalry is NOT dead yet..... but it seems to be dying with our older generation.

Stopped by Walgreen's to get a few things while Mike waited for me in the car. A few minutes passed and I was already walking out of the store towards our car. While I was in the store an elderly man had pulled up right beside where we parked. He had just gotten out of his car (with his WWII Naval Hat on) and was walking towards the curb to step up, right as I was walking towards the passenger side of our car, right where the older gentleman was. He stopped where he was, tipped his hat to me saying "you first ma'am". I smiled the biggest smile I had and told him no... please, you first. Well he then tipped his hat to me again as I lended him a hand getting up the curb. It made me feel SO good to show this man the respect he deserves. He was very fraile and elderly, but was still a complete gentleman like I haven't seen in so long. It warmed my heart that he was so polite and so chivalrous (sp). Times certainly have changed since his generation, but I have thought of that moment many times since it happened. It really touched me and I wanted to share.

It's the little moments when you connect with someone, even a stranger, that seem to have the most meaning to me.

I just thought it was special, and sweet in so many ways that I thougt I would post about a GOOD experience I had out recently..... they are few and far between anymore especially during this "season of love and giving".

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Peace love and hugs to all,

AMy
  • keep that inner fire alive this season, there are those who have forgotten to be normal,and ack like life and everyone around them "owes" them something. I think its a symptom of poular culture,but thats just me. I remember the look i got when a kind word instead of a feared uglyness doesnt happen, disarming isnt it? but there seems to be people who count on taking advantage of a nice persons reaction,users!!! these people are insensitive and ugly inside and seem hellbent on spreading their version of life...bummer,
    so?
    we justr keep on keepin on and smiling like the sun, even when its raining inside.
    peace to all and keep that chin up!
  • Let your lights shine, even when they seem on dim! A smile and kind word goes so far, holding open doors for the elderly, thanking the man who held open the door for me...And kick the other where the sun don't shine!! KIDDING!!
  • Thanks for sharing your good story. I love to hear positive things more than negative even though I started this post lol. I always try to keep a smile on my face even when I hurt the most because I feel a smile is contagious. It may not be well received by all but it may touch someone's life that you didn't even know. :D Smile today for tomorrow may never be.
  • Thanks for sharing your good story. I love to hear positive things more than negative even though I started this post lol. I always try to keep a smile on my face even when I hurt the most because I feel a smile is contagious. It may not be well received by all but it may touch someone's life that you didn't even know. :D Smile today for tomorrow may never be.
  • This is why I do all my shopping online also. I haven't been to a mall in over 4 years! I never set foot in Wal-Mart, as my last experiences with it were not good! The only place I go out to is Costco, which you guys down south don't have I think. Too bad! I even buy real estate online! I have 4 properties I bought from Ebay, it is a great way to get a great deal! This way I don't have to deal with traffic, nasty people, and parking issues! I love getting my packages at my door, and I ship from my home too, what a deal! :)))
advertisement