Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frustrated / No surgery

kyadog115kkyadog115 Posts: 266
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Hi,
as you all know I was scheduled for a micro-disectomey yeasterday @ 130 pm. I had to be there @ 12 30. They did a blood test and urinalaysis,checking for drugs(cocaine). I was clean and all was going to proceed.However,The doctor was running behind schedule and they told me it woldnt be till at least 6pm. I got very angry and left. I only had my 78 yr old mom w/me and she couldn't stay there that long as well. In hindsite,I wonder if I over-racted,perhaps I should have stayed. I did kind of made a scene over this.To the point where they called security. Now I wonder if the Doctor will even take me again.....any thoughts please?
Thanks

Paul

advertisement

Comments

• i think you did over react. maybe ring your doc and apoligise and hope he will see you again. have not read any of your threads so not sure what to read into you being clear of cocaine. no offence intended but were you a user ? if so congrats for being clean. or is it a test they do where you live ? hope they will see you again and that things go well for you.
  • perhaps write a letter / email explaining about your pre-op anxiety and concerns over your elderly mom.

• I am glad also that you were clean as this is an important thing that I know prolly wasn;t easy for you.

I just git rescheduled for my 5th time yeyterday also so I share your frustration,. Keep hanging in there.

I would call the doc office and apologize and let them know you were upset and nervous over surgery and had your elderly mother with you.

Good luck and keep us posted..

• I'm sorry this happened. Sometimes things get hectic with doctors and then things seem to fall apart like a domino effect. I sure hope that they still do your operation because you do need it. I think your doctor should be understanding and reshedule your surgery. Once you get in contact with him, I'm sure that things will resolve. Please keep us posted; we are behind you all the way.
  • While I am sure that this is not the first time that the hospital has seen this sort of behavior, I would definately apologize. To the doctor, and to the hospital staff. If the doctor does choose to move forward with your surgery, the hospital staff will be involved as well. I sure wouldn't want them angry with you.

Just be honest and authentic. And if that doesn't work, then perhaps it is a sign that another doctor should be performing this procedure anyway.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • On my last preop appt with my surgeon's assistant, I had to wait 1hr15min past my scheduled visit time, and nobody said anything to me, just left me in the waiting room. I was very nervous about my surgery and when I final got in, I really voiced my frustration with the PA. She apologized a few times. On my next appointment (first postop), she asked me how things were going, other than having to wait so long on the previous visit, and I apologized and told her that it was preop jitters. When I went yesterday, 5min after my scheduled time, one of the receptionists specifically said to me that they were running just a bit behind and it wouldn't be much longer. I have to assume that now it's on my chart that I'm an impatient patient and to pacify me before I let loose. :))(

It would be good to apologize. I have to imagine that docs understand the presurgery jitters, so hopefully your surgeon will understand and reschedule very soon.

Good luck!
    Cath
  • Just let the Dr. know about your elderly Mother having to wait for so long and you were a bit upset.And of course you'll need to apologize to the hopital staff. You never know maybe he wouldn't have been able to do your surgery anyway since he probably had more emergency surgeries to complete. I hope this doesn't set you back after all you've accomplished. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement