Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

schizo pain drs

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
i see my pain dr every 2 months and one time he will tell me my meds are good and he will not change them , then the next time he will say he wants me to try to drop my doseage. so when i go to him, i feel like i am in the principal's office. well, again, he said he will keep my dose where it is and now since i am stable, i might not have to see him for 3 months and not 2. i am on 4-40mg oxy and 4 700micro gr of fenatyl lollypops a day. i feel like i have to make up stories so he will not change doseage. if i say i am in too much pain, he will drop dose and if i say i am not he will keep dose where it is. so all of you who have problems with pain drs, it comes with the territory. i have been with pain drs for 10 years and this guy for 3. i feel sorry for those of you who can't even get pain meds or get lectures from pain drs. we are stuck with what we have and it is a major hassle to get a new one. if you try, the new dr will wonder why the change? he will feel like you are a drug seeker if you want to change. well at least i feel blessed that i do get adequate pain meds and basically treated well. all i can say is keep the faith and if you have problems, find someone else and be honest with them.
just food for thought
a pain free christmas and holiday season for all
your friend in pain
jon
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• Yes, all of us feel a bit nervous going in every month or so to our clinics. You just don't know what to expect. Thankfully my doc is very nice and cares about what's going on. You can tell when you walk into the waiting room how the atmosphere is. If patients are comfortable and chit chatting, you know the staff is compassionate and professional.
    Has your medicine been helping you this time of the year? I have hard a hard time with cold aggravating my pain. I hope you have pain free days so you can enjoy this time with your family and friends.
  • yes, thanks meds are working. what is also working is my school was not following my accomodations with my back and the magic word slipped out-LAW SUIT. now i am treated like the king of the ball. all administrators have gone overboard to see how i am doing, checking on my health, even going over my dr's orders again. by going back early this summer due to a threatening note from my principal, my back has been ruined. i was back to work 2 months after fusion, decompression, staph infection removal and repair of tear from surgeon. i complained about his also and also complained about my boss telling me she thought i had surgery this year and last because i did not want to finish school year. i believe all of these complaints have helped with the school's new attitude. so all of you out there who are hassled by bosses due to your surgeries or pain, remind them of the law and what you can do to them if they are not accomodating to your pain and surgerical needs
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Thank you for raising awareness about chronic pain and reminding the school about the law. I can't remember the exact name of it, it has to do with handicap accessibility and workplace discrimination, right? How rude of them to imply that you scheduled surgery to get out of working. They don't know what the pain is like, and you certainly didn't let them influence your treatment decisions. I'm glad they are so accommodating now.
  • The staff where I used to work, before I was forced to file for disiblity, treated me so badly when I returned to work (early BTW) after my two surgeries in a row. My manager actually chewed me out in front of everyone because 'they' all had to work harder for the two months that I was gone. I blame her for that! When you know for a fact that an employee is going to be off of work for health reasons for a long period of time the manager is supposed to get someone to temporarily fill your position. We even had someone for that exact purpose, she was a floater. The other branches already had too many employess and it wouldn't have been a problem for her to have a full staff. People can just be very, very cruel!
  • what was funny was that the person in h.r. said, i don't think that is what she ment. my principal said that i had to be evaluated twice because i missed work and went out the same time each year. i don't know about you guys but to me this meant she was faulting me for going out the same time each year so i would not have to work to the end of the school year. but h.r. did not get the same message i did. i don't think i was being paranoid
    jon
  • I don't feel you were being paranoid!!! The principal's message was clear as day... until the L word came up!!! Lawsuit is the word of the day, to make sure you get treated in a fair way, hahaha!!! To hear of one of us having success in this way makes me very excited, so excited I start rhyming!!! Ok, stopping now :D I hope thing continue to be tranquil and accommodating for you...

-Lisa
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.