Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Time

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
Growing up in the 60's and listening to many Folk and then Harder than Folk music, I was always a fan of the words.
Music is great, it appeals to your hearing senses, but Words seem to appeal to much more. I cant tell you how many times, I would play a song over and over just so I could understand the words. One song that has never failed to move me and the lyrics are more than timeless.

There is a time for everything, and
a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time
to gather them, a time to embrace and
a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

This words mean so much to me, now as they did over 40 years ago. When I find myself losing my temper or getting annoyed with someone or something, IF I would only take a few minutes and saw the words to this song (more than a song, as we all know) I would be more tolerant and accepting of life's flaws
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Here is a link to a video of that song...image
  • Ecclesiastes 3 (Bible) That words for that song were orginally written thousands of years ago and can be found in Ecclesiastes 3. I know it has power for many because there is power in the written word of God. I find that words and of course catchy music have kept most of us from pain especially used as a distraction. Thanks for sharing that. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Lots (if not all) of the music from the 60s were great. I was just a bit young then (of course) but had older sibs who listened. In the 70's I began with horrific headaches (didn't know at the time they were migraines) and would always grab my Bob Segar cassette (it was always that one certain cassette), put on my big clunky headphones and listen to his music for a while (in a very dark room) until it passed. HEY! I just thought of something! Maybe (just maybe) I INVENTED BIOFEEDBACK! Gees. I'm brilliant! I should have patented that idea.

So, my cyber-buds, you are both correct in that words and sounds can do much for pain (physical or emotional).

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Have a wonderful day with many pain-free moments!

Jeaux
    :B