Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Worst Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
When is it ever going to stop. I started my membership hare with neck pain, bulging discs, osteophytes, need for op at C5/6. THEN I was diagnosed with widespread Oeseoarthritis which is termed acute at present!

NOW I have a sore thumb...yes THUMB! :''( ...I have trigger finger and it is killing me. I have splints...but ooh every time I brush against anything....well I say some very very nasty word.

They say I will need injections into the joint....oh lord as usual the cure is as bad as the illness. Wonder what will be next????
advertisement

Comments

• It's always something. We can't catch a break can we? :) Sorry you're having trouble with your thumb and I know it's not easy for you to type. My husband always jokes around saying I'm fragile. I had so much stuff going on all these years and I learned you have to have a sense of humor. What's no joke however is that OA pain in the back. Now that it's winter, arthritis will really sock it to you. I think it's my DDD really kicking my ass these last few weeks. Literally, I feel like I've been kicked there with a steel toed boot. Everything hurts in the lower back and I always have my heating pad and ice packs handy.
    Oh well, what a way to start the new year. <:P
  • Bummer on the thumb pain! i try a hot wrap round the hand when i can. There are thermacare" pads?, ive used them to great relief for a while. luck to ya!
  • I'm new to this forum, but just had to comment.

I've had trigger thumb surgery in both my thumbs. You'd be suprised at how darn painful your thumb can be. I've had numerous injections for carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel, both right and left. However the thumb injection about sent me through the roof!

Truly -- I made my doc numb my thumb before the injection because that first time was so painful. The injection is at the bottom of your thumb and there's just nowhere for that darn needle to go.

The injections bothered me so much that I had the trigger release surgery within about a year of starting the injections. Life is just too short to deal with the amount of pain I had from my thumbs. My co-workers had to laugh at me though. I returned to work with wrapping from the tip of my thumb about to my elbow. All that for a 1" incision. They thought it was a joke...lol!

Good luck!!
  • I hope that pain goes away. Have you tried ice/heat? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • If I had thumb pain (or any finger pain), I'd be beside myself if it hurt to type and stay connected online.

I hope it calms down soon. How long will this last?

( (HUGS ) )

Cheri
  • Hi, Tig!
    I'm new here, too, but have to tell you I also had the trigger finger release surgery and oh, geez, am I glad I did! Those injections do, indeed, hurt like h*** and it is actually WORSE after the injection b/c it swells up so much. I didn't even need pain meds after the surgery, though.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Robin
  • I just started the lateral thumb injections this morning.  I woke up on the other side of being able to stand the pain I've had for years. I was happy to see that others have had luck with the surgery. At least there is an option if the injections aren't enough relief. I have to say my left thumb had crazy pain when injected. I am a little worried as they both hurt more now than before the injections, but thankfully I learned that may occur and subside. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Teri

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.