Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone use/have experience with the Vital Wear Vital Wrap?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Pain Management
My PM doctor prescribed this to me yesterday, I have the one with a cervical collar. It has a canister you fill with water and you can control the temperature, make it hot or cold. It also provides compression to the affected area. Anyone used this before? Has it been helpful? It looks pretty cool, I'm taking it with me to Texas, I just hope it works. It's definitely something different!

Any input would be great, thanks! >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• who's had it prescribed...Or maybe I'm in the wrong forum, lol!
  • I have just been referred to pain management. I am open to anything. Is it something I can wear to work? That would be nice if it works. The heat offers most relief for me.
    Kim
  • The mods know I have no affiliation with anything but I had to tell you guys!

I drove 6.5 hours to Texas yesterday, to get away for while! So of course, I was sore when I got here...Always bothers the shoulders, of course not nearly as bad as without the injections. Then I slept on an old old coach with no pillows! This couch is not good for sleeping on! Plus no pillows! So I hurt like a b*tch when I woke up this morning!

Well, I grabbed my purse and took my morning meds...The ones I could get to, that is. And put on the vital wrap. I had assembled it last night! I already feel a 100 times better! Because it is velcroed around the neck the hear it provides is fab. Better than a heating pad, or a buddy wrap or the one I have that's shaped like a puppy and can be put around your neck.

I have had it on for about an hour and already feel 100 times better! The water massage and vibrations help because they not only hit the neck but rests on your shoulders and helps there too! This is by far the best thing I have tried, including the TENS unit!

I can't wait to see what happens with continual use! And in about 3 weeks when the injections stop working...That's a good check too, but this wasn't a bad one either! I really felt God-awful but 30 minutes later I could play Guitar Hero...It stayed on during that.

Anyone have any questions, feel free to ask! I may see about getting the shoulder wrap!
  • a soft collar...but not as rigored.
  • Any idea if they are made for low backs? I have a back buddy that gives moist heat and I love it. What you are describing sounds great.
advertisement