Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone else pray?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
Just wondering if anyone else prays to God about their pain and their recovery. I try to pray everyday about what I'm going through, but I often get discouraged when the pain doesn't go away. I'm not a person to "push" religion onto others, but I am curious as to whether or not this is God's way of bringing us closer to Him. I'm hoping that by praying,getting information on here and being put into a situation that I "need" God, things will only get better. :)

csp
advertisement

Comments

• i pray everyday for my loved ones and for everyone in the world but i rarely pray for myself
  • Every thought is a prayer.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I pray that he will heal me if that is his will. I absolutely believe there is a reason I am going through this. I also think it has brought me closer to him as I know he is in complete control and knows exactly what I am going through.
    This time of the year I really think about it. :)

Just my thoughts/feelings. :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    Religion and Politics just dont create an environment that can be discussed on online forums. The only reason for that, is that there can never be agreement when it comes to discussing those topics.
    In the past we have had to close down threads that started to focus in on religion and politics. Nuff said!

In terms of praying... I believe that is an individual decision to do and how to do it. Does it really matter if I pray to a statue out in my garden or a statue are some religious building.

Whatever we have to do to get through the rough times is what counts.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Cps,
    As the poster I would never impose my view on anyone and this is my belief which I am entitled to have, praying could be viewed in many forms and from those whom it has some significance, in accessing that reflection we may feel that in the notion that we suffer we are more responsive to our own and others needs. Prayer may be hope and some would be encouraged that things would get better and this process may help them, Dilauro is correct in saying we can all respect each others view and it is not in the veracity of usage or location, we may seek inner strength and support in many ways, although any improvement may be accredited to personal beliefs of either to pray or not.

Enduring pain whatever its duration, take courage tenacity and hope.

Take care, John
  • I assume you've tried the medical approach to dealing with back pain? Had an MRI and seen a Neurosurgeon?

• Yes, I've had an MRI and seen a neurosurgeon.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on prayer.

csp
  • Well my thoughts are with you. I support your prayers of course, and feel they are a positive thing. Keep it up. I'll be pulling for you.

• Prayers sent!

cindy4hope :)))
  • Thank you for posting this. How nice. I pay everyday and try to pray several times during my day. I do have a St. Francis in my garden (he is the patron Saint of animals) and I also have a St. Mary in my flower bed. We are Catholic and people do wonder why we put statues of Saints in our gardens. I love to talk about my faith especially since Hollywood has messed it up so bad. Just let me say real quick that we do not pray to statues or to Mary, we pray to Jesus. I do believe whoever you chose to put your faith in and pray for others well being is a wonderful thing to do. I think the power of positive thinking does a lot for someone too. Why our higher power chooses to cure some and not others is a mystery. I like to think it as my cross to carry here on earth, if God could send his son down for me, a sinner; I can put my pain on a cross and carry it to heaven with me. That is just my own mental way of dealing with it. Like a meditation. I am so excited so many people pray! Sometime the only God people see is you…and look what YOU have done. God is smiling down on you now I bet! Plus I will be praying for you!
    Peace be with you, O:)
    Melissa
  • Every day, often multiple times a day!

I admit that I do believe in "everything happens for a reason" but I also believe that we won't understand that reason until we're home with our Lord at which time He will explain everything to us.

I not only pray for my own life circumstances, but for all of you and yours as well. I do hope we will all be free from our pain one day real soon. Wouldn't that be the biggest blessing? We could go back to enjoying every aspect of our lives again and no longer have to sit on the sidelines watching others do all the things we used to be able to do before life, as we know it, changed.
  • I pray every time I feel that nerve twinge, every time I plan to sit down for more than 30 seconds, or every other hour. Which ever comes first really.

May god heal us all.

Amen.
  • I need the prayers in my life to pull me through all these tough pain days. They give me strength and also I don't feel so alone as I usually do. I agree with SteveA that may God heal us all. Of course I would have the healing done quicker and on my time, not what the Lord's time has turned out to be!! I have learned a lot about myself these last two years I have been down. I have also learned patience, trust, surrender, love and grace.

• Hey CSP,
    When you pray next time say " My father in heaven I ask you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to .....
    It's quite amazing what you find happens if you believe God will make it happen. O:)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Yes I pray every day but not for myself that much and never for material things.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I almost got to meet God face to face recently. It changed my whole perspective on life. So if you ask me to pray for you I promise you I'll be praying like pronto because none of us are promised a tomorrow. But I don't pray for myself. I much rather pray for other because I know God is already taking care of me.
  • Prayer works...

I've seen many miracles. I have to admit I have wondered why God wants me to go thru this, but there IS a reason...I just won't know until I am home with Him. He has a good reason.

I'm glad this forum is here so I don't feel so alone. My husband is AWESOME to me, but he doesn't even get the extent of what I feel all the time.
  • I can't believe the responses here! I will definitely keep EVERYONE here in my prayers as well!!!!

csp
  • You will be in mine as well. That's what we're here for. Each other.
advertisement