Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice Needed- Ergonomic recliners

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Mods, If I have posted this in the wrong area, please excuse me. I just post here more than anywhere.

Since my surgery, I have realized that we really don't have any good ergonomic chairs in our family room that I can use. This is a room that we use a lot in our house, so I want to get something that will work well for me in the long term.

Does anyone have the Human Touch Zero Gravity relciner? http://www.relaxtheback.com/human-touch-power-perfect-chair--pc95-product-6390293-6389767
The chairs are expensive, but I am trying to think of it as a long term investment for my back. There is a store near us that has them in stock and could deliver it in a couple of days.

Or does anyone else have any suggestions for a good ergonomic chair?

Thanks!

Julie
advertisement

Comments

• I have that exact chair, and I LIVED in it after my fusion. It is definately worththe invstment!!
  • I have a zero-gravity recliner that I got at the "Relax the back" store. Very expensive, but it has the lift action and is quite comfortable, except it was a bit hard (although well padded) so I out a dawn throw over it. The one on the picture is more to my liking, except that I could only sit in absolutely straight-backed chairs after my fusion.

Kin
  • I may be going against the grain here, but I didn't find the Human Touch chair to be that comfortable. Maybe it was the lack of padding. I have heard great things about it, so I'm sure you won't go wrong with it if you do decide on it! I talked with my doctor and decided to get a basic Lazyboy recliner that has a little extra lumbar support - don't even need a pillow behind my back! It has been super comfortable and was half the price of the Zero Gravity....

However, if you DO decide to go with the zero gravity chair I think you can get them from an online place called Vitality Web or something for less money than at a store, my husband did all the research for me though so I'm not sure if those are used or why exactly they're cheaper... if you want more info PM me and I can ask him!

Good luck, just make sure whichever chair you get is comfortable and I'm sure whatever you choose will be the right choice!