Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This one will sound a little wierd

dcarterddcarter Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
before my surgery in April ( had spondy so had fusion with hardware and nerve and muscle repair)sometimes it would feel like a drop of water was running down my leg behind my knee. It felt so much like it was on the outside of my leg so I would rub my leg to wipe it off and there would be nothing there.
Since the surgery, I get that feeling every once in a while but now it goes to my foot and sometimes feels like my foot is wet. It doesn't hurt and there is no swelling and as soon as it comes its gone.
I haven't told the Dr about it because its not a constant everyday feeling, it comes and goes. So by the time I go to the Dr I completely forget.
Anyone else ever get that feeling?
advertisement

Comments

• but I get crazy sensations, like my outer calf feels like I have put it up against a radiator or other heat source and I actually look to see if I am close to a heater.

One of the other crazy sensations is my big toe will feel like it has been cut..like a fresh cut when the air hits it. I was at Walmart one day and it started hurting & I thought I had stubbed it or something - but I looked down & nothing. It was just a nerve thing I guess. I couldn't even touch my toe with a sheet or anything. Its weird how the nerve will produce different sensations.
  • That maybe all it is. Just a nerve sensation. Since it doesn't hurt, I guess I shouldn't think anything of it.

My favorite one is when it feels like someone wearing steal toe shoes kicked me right in the shin. Hurts for a while and then goes away
    Another one is when my feet hurt and it feels like I just jumped off a tall building and landed flat footed. That one hurts all day but gone by morning.
    The healing process can really be fun can't it!
  • Hi there. I get that water drip feeling also!! I am glad that Im not crazy...lol..I have many a time checked to see if something was dripping or if I wet myself !!..lol.. at least I know I'm not crazy!!

I also get on the three smallest toes on my left foot , a sunburn feeling that is there whenever I run something lightly across it. Not with strong pressure, just light pressure. WEIRD..lol
  • Yep, I have had the drippy water sensation many times. It comes and goes so quick, I just haven't worried about it. My new weird sensation is a sudden sprained ankle feeling when nothing happened to my ankle. It goes and comes in my right ankle. Weird 8}
  • it's a nerve sensation. One that I get feels like someone has come behind my calf with a hot poker and I always whip around to see what happened. Until I realize it is just my nerves acting up again. Can drive my crazy, plus the pain gets high, too. Very weird.

Cheri
  • I love nerve stories.

My first strange symptom that prompted me to go to my doctor was I thought I had a thin shard of glass in the tip of my big toe but went to dig it out and there was nothing there...lol. Then it would feel like needles were sticking me. Sometimes water dripping down leg but mostly the pins and needles numb feeling and the like someone has smacked me and it stings after feeling.... really the nerve pains pee me off, I automatically tear up when it is really noticable, nervy pains go away...
  • That drip feeling is annoying as well as the cramps in the calves. One time I had my hot pad on my back then suddenly felt hot on my lateral calf as if I had the heat pad there. I guess the nerves in my back carried the heat there!? Yikes. Anyway feel better everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have cold water dripping on my foot as well as bugs crawling on it. One MD tried to tell me that the cold water sensation was a symptom of RSD, but I'm not willing to be diagnosed with that at this point!!!
  • Cali-Sue I get that sprained ankle feeling when I start walking but it usually goes away in time. I have had that since the beginning and apparently it is referred pain from the back.
    I also goet this weird hot/cold patch on my back and I say weird because I cant work out if it is a burning feeling or an icy burn feeling. :))(
    But I figure if I can feel I have something to be grateful for.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • I know exactly what you mean about the feet feeling like you jumped off a building! I posted on this a few months ago. I also get foot cramps sometimes, where my toes get stuck curling down and I have to quickly rub them. I sm 11 months from M-disc, and just finished 3 ESIs which helped a bit. Good luck
  • I get almost-frostbite tingles on the bottom of my feet sometimes.It burns when I step down barefoot but soft socks help.
    I am diabetic--temporarily, since October 20, due to Prednisone for pneumonia, and I wonder if already having nerve problems just upped the diabetic neuropathy thing up a notch..,
    Anyway, I also get the dripping water sensations.
    Lisa (Titch's mom)
  • What I find interesting about this is the implications in a work comp case.

If one has a fusion surgery that is successful, in that it takes care of the original back pain and fuses properly, then that can be said to be corrective.

But if one gains all these nerve pains and discomfort in the feet, hamstrings, shins, calves etc....and has to take a nerve medication for the rest of their life..... this is serious stuff.

I would say if you are in a WC situation you should make sure this is addressed when you settle your permanent partial disability.

After all, if injured at work.....we did not ask for this to happen to us.
  • In Australia with workers comp everything is based on the degree of injury such as you may have lost 35% movemnet in your back 15% lower left leg etc. Continued problems such as nerve pain sahould be included.Every 5% has a $ value (that is pretty pitiful)
    Just make sure that you will be covered for any future problems that may arise when you close the case.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Another wierd feeling is what I call the bee stings.
    It feels like a bee is floating up and down my leg stinging as it goes. Its funny when I am sitting in meetings at work and the bee stings because it makes me jump. All I can do is laugh and walk around the room. People are used to me now at work so they laugh along with me.
advertisement