Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Was told not to be a drama queen on here!!!OMG

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Going over problems and issues on here, alot of people are great and kewl...however had someone named dingbat privately message me on here and said im being a drama queen!
To anyone who has or hasnt read, ive had problems with a failed fusion and multiple screws breaking..."they are gonna be removed the 7th of Jan." Bad nursing care..just about everything bad including pain management.
Just still shocked this person felt the need to judge and try and make me feel bad :''( Almost wanna say wish they could walk a mile in my shoues...however, i dont think ide wish that on anyone!
Just very, very sad.... :<
advertisement

Comments

• That just wasn't right. Feel free to vent all you want. That's what we're here for. I hope you get to feeling better and have a nicer weekend.
  • There are too many real problems and issues you are dealing with to let this person bring you down-although I know it hurts your feelings-but it won't cause any real pain if you don't let it.

Tell it like it is-we need to know that back pain and surgery is not always a piece a cake. Hope you will have a good weekend.

• with a username like dingbat, well...

That is so wrong when a someone has the audacity to stoop to that level when we often have enough problems in real life.This is a great site and I would say just let it go and not let it get to you.Some people just have to stir the pot sometimes.

I hope your have a great holiday season and some pain free days ahead!!!
  • While I feel that this person should not have called you names, I also feel that you should let it roll right off of your back. You know who and what you are. You are love and you are loved. :X I think that dingbat might have the need to feel loved as well and so searched for attention in the only way they know how. Everyone has different means of coping physically and emotionally. So next time someone tries to bring you down just quack. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • the simple mind of one person ruin your day. Just let it roll right off like water on a ducks back. We are here to listen and support each other no matter how bad of a day or week for that matter that you have had. Remember, theres usually one in every crowd but the majority of this crowd are good people that like to try and upbuild each other. Hope you have a good day.
  • Entire reply removed by moderator paulgla.
  • I've always had great chats with you and I can't beleive someone would say that. We are on here because we are seeking people who understand how we feel because they are going through the same thing. I have seen some offensive stuff on here but I just ignore it and mostly everyone is decent. I am sorry that your feelings got hurt, but cheer up Honey and hold your head up high. >:D<
  • Is supposed to be all about support. Not others name calling and making people feel bad. If anyone does not like what or the way that you are posting, nobody is forcing them to read it or to respond to you. If you do or say anything that is not allowed on this forum the mods will let you know. Do what I have had to do quite often over the past year, ignore people that don't have anything good to say. They surely can't add anything to your life.
  • What a strange thing to say to someone on a pain message
    board. It never ceases to amaze me though what people
    will say and do. I hope you feel better. And I really
    can be dramatic, when I'm trying to explain how I feel!
    I have also noticed since I've gotten worse, quit working and am waiting for surgery, my emotions are on edge and I get my feelings hurt easily - I hope you feel better, try to forget it is what I would do - I still think that was a strange thing to say to someone in pain
  • Just checked private message and someone now wrote me saying im being talked about somewhere else on here by higher members...where i cant see it! UGH, just nonscence!Why cant certain people take a flying F#%^ off??? Reall is kind of disturbing really... I know i cry and complain alot...gawd...they think im bad here they should meet me in person! LOL :? :O =)) See...somehow i always get mean people...in real life or cyber! :S Yes, everyone for the most part is awesome... Ming included! Lol...just...wow im speechless now! For a change!!!
  • It's always sad when a person goes out of their way to make another person feel bad.Then to find out others are talking about you.This would probably be in the moderators thread that is invisible to us.I was a moderator on another forum before and it was not fun when some of them decided they wanted to talk or pick on certain members.I don't know if that is what's happening here,but rest assured that if it is you are certainly not the only one being discussed.

I hope that people don't feel the need to change just because members have opinions.I like it that we are individual with so many different personalities.I don't expect everyone to like me-and that's a good thing..lol

We need a little drama here anyway cherrybomb80,I'm not suggesting that you are a drama queen,only that if you are-so what.You're allowed to be yourself and if someone has a problem with that..maybe they should search themselves.

• That there would be negative discussions about a person-I was only mentioning my past experiences because of the recent PM that she had recieved.
    Just checked private message and someone now wrote me saying im being talked about somewhere else on here by higher members...where i cant see it!
    I guess I assumed that it was the mods because of my past experiences,but I apologize-I really meant no harm in that.I know how frustrating it can be and it was not my intention to make things worse.
  • dont care go into my inbox and look...just got another private message...aint looked yet...lol...almost scarred too! @) :O ...anyways anything sent to me i kept in inbox...have not erased.
  • If I send you a PM you BETTER read it because I will be doing nothing more than offering you my support. Pain makes people do things that they would not ordinarily do. Including being mean. So ignore mean and feel the love. >:D<
  • no i read em...got one more that i didnt care for...but tame considering what ive got before? got a nice moderator helping me...i dunno...just down now. :?? :<
  • Just want to state openly that I am sorry for the upsetting remarks I made to you. I truly did not intend to hurt...only to give a suggestion for getting better care in the future. And I will try to be more understanding in the future. We all have the "God-awful" pain you refer to and I guess we all react to it differently. Some of us suffer in silence, more or less, and others are more articulate about it. I realize now that perhaps writing about it here gives us a vehicle to verbalize our pain.

I truly am sorry and will try not to ever make such comments to anyone like that again.
  • That was my point earlier when I said that if you do anything against the rules the mods will let you know. I think that some of the people that have been here awhile think that they have a higher status than the rest of us but really, they do not. We are all on even ground here. Being on this forum for awhile does not make anyone better (or smarter) than the rest of us. Like I said earlier try hard to ignore the negative comments and PMs. This forum is a really good place to meet new friends and get support. Try and make use of the good things here and forget about the rest.
  • Dingbat,
    I am glad that you apologized. I hope that we can all move passed this. I really love this forum and the support, advice and great laughs I have with everyone.

Cherrybomb, I think you are awesome too. Maybe it's the name since that's my favorite shot, when/if I do drink lol.

One thing I know is that it's hard to tell what kind of tone people are using when typing because you don't see their facial expressions so they could mean something totally harmless and can be taken the wrong way.

Dealing with chronic back pain is very difficult and as stated above we all deal with differently. Sometimes, I feel like I have multiple personalities because I could be having a great day and enjoying my life and family and 10 seconds later I am a raving lunatic because of the pain. I think it's the combo of meds and pain and trying to deal with it all and still live my life as a mother and a wife.
  • Entire reply removed by moderator paulgla.
  • Unbelieveable..... some folks can say anything at any time, but no one can have their own feeling about being constantly bashed.

advertisement