Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If not a pinched nerve, why do i loose feeling below my knees?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My doctor had me to a nerve test with the needles to see if i still had a pinched nerve...the reason this was done is because whenever i pick up something and stand with correct posture, I loose feeling below my knees! Feels like im a big sack of tattas thats about ready to fall on the floor! I have noticed it is only when im holding something 5-10+ lbs and"dont forget" standing the right way...full up,not hunched over... I am concerned cause if its not a nerve can it be ever fixed? Could it be my low blood pressure? confused...Feels like im just falling apart. Have not talked much with my doctor about it cause i don't wanna feel like a hypochondriac more than i already am. Thanks all and anyone for any help or suggestions given! :) eren O:)
advertisement

Comments

• What test did you have? I don't really have an answer to your question, I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are having this problem. Have you asked your doc this question? I was wondering what test you had because I may need to have some kind of nerve test done. I think it will be a nerve conduction test. I'm not sure. I had an SI joint injection and trigger point injection on Thursday and I felt better but the pain seems to be creeping back. They said they will try an epidural after this and if that doesn't work they will test the nerves.

My dad has peripheral neuropathy and is in a wheelchair. I heard this can be hereditary which scares me to death. He's only 54 and I'm 30. He never had surgery on his back and never pursued any other options, procedures so I wonder if he could be fixed. He had a neuro laugh at him and now won't seek additional treatment. Sorry, I am rambling about myself when you are seeking support. I pray that you find an answer to your question and don't be afraid to vent to me. I won't call you a drama queen :D
  • i had an emg nerve needle test done.
  • Have you had surgery? I dont remember your history.
    Numbness can be a result of inflamation as well so maybe it is worth another trip or call to the Dr.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • had a fusion...it failed...having another one done on the 7th to remove hardware, "screws" that have broken! I will be in a full cast, back attatched to legs...for a min of 6 months...not looking forward to one bit of it!
  • I would do a web search looking for reasons that you may be experiencing the symptoms that you are that may be related to something other than a pinched nerve.
advertisement