Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

birthday tomorrow, makes me sad

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Depression and Coping
I am already dreading my birthday tomorrow. It's always been a depressing day for me. My mother left us when I was a little over 1 year and for some reason it always seems to bother me the most on my birthday. I really wish I could be back pain free on my birthday as well. I had SI joint injection on Thursday and pain seemed to subside for a couple of days but starting to come back today. I will try to make the best of my day tomorrow. Thanks for listening.
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you have a more painfree day on your birthday. Warmest wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • ..is the day after yours & she always disliked the cold, dark weather & being so close to the holidays (people would give her ONE gift for both events, which I eventually nixed..) so we would put more effort into celebrating her HALF birthday, on June 15....warm, sunny weather, 1/2 year away from distracting holidays, etc.

She always enjoyed it more after that---we still celebrated her "real" day (Dec 15) but also made a "big deal" of her 1/2 birthday.

Maybe you could do that? You may feel physically better by next summer also (a year from your fusion, which is the standard time-line for greater improavement) & that could lift your spirits!

Those SI injections are killers---hope you feel better soon. Try some ice packs & watch some Turner Movie Classics (if you have cable) or do something else to distract yourself.

Take care, Ming! You sound like a total honey & seem to have had a lot of pain in your life, on many levels & in many areas...I will keep you in my thoughts :)

~Lakeside
  • I hope you find some inner peace for this renewal of life
  • Thanks for all your well wished for me. That was great advice Lakeside. In addition to my bday being 2 weeks before xmas, my daughter's bday is 2 weeks after xmas and we are still trying to recover finacially from xmas to her bdays are tough each year. She will be 13 this year. I should mention the 1/2 bday to her. She would love to be able to have a slumber party in the summer rather than winter. We always have a sleep over and she is allowed to invite as many girls as she wants which is usually 6-10....the last couple of years has been worse because they are all going through their "changes" and can be very bratty at times lol. My son's bday is in May and we always do a cook out because the weather is usually nice by that time.

My husband took me to Olive Garden for lunch today and we left the kids home to watch each other. We don't do this often since they fight so much but he thought it would be nice to have a nice peaceful lunch with me. It was nice and I wanted to do some xmas shopping but I was pretty sore after sitting there so long so I came home and am sitting in bed with my laptop and kittycats. Party on! <:P
  • glad you got some peace and quiet on your b-day!

G.
advertisement