Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My husband is still in the hospital

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
after a very bad car accident and he is slowly being weaned off of the strong amounts of medications. Will you please give me ideas on what works to ease the pain once he is home?

This is all very new to us.

Thank you.

advertisement

Comments

• You should talk to your doctor about what pain medicines your husband should go on next after he is weaned off the stronger ones....without knowing what your husband is on now it would be kind of hard to give you a answer....
  • Thank you for your response, I was just wondering what we could do in addition to the medication that they give him. They want him to use his pain as a guide for rehab so that he does not injure himself further...He needs surgery but is not able to have it because the doctors feel that the risks are very high for him.
  • It really is good to let your body be your guide. Another words, if it hurts don't do it. It would be hard to mention specific things that may help because we are not sure of what his limitations are. For inflammation ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off work very well. Some people respond better to heat. The body is really good at telling you what it needs. For instance, nobody ever told me to put a pillow under my knees to be comfortable laying down but I instinctively knew to do it. This may be what the doc is trying to tell your husband. The pain will let him know what he should not do. He may need to rely heavily on the milder meds until he heals up some. I hope this makes sense. Please keep us posted and feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to answer.
This discussion has been closed.